1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Memoribilia/Favorite Memories?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketFan, Feb 16, 2006.

1. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

For all of you Rockets Fans, let me say first of all, how happy I am to be a poster on ClutchFans BBS. I started my lifetime subscription today, and I couldn't be any happier than to chat about the Houston Rockets with all of you Rockets Fans!

Now for the post: Being a Diehard, Rocket Fan since 1988... seeing the Rockets, with Hakeem and Co. battle against James Worthy, and Kurt Rambis, has been truly remarkable. Then in 1994 and 1995 seeing the Rockets win those championships, have been the best thing for this city, sports-wise... Getting T-Mac, has been awesome too! I live and die with these guys day in and day out...

Here it is... the purpose of this post... What special Rockets Memoribilia do you have of the team, past or present?

For me, in 1994, i was only 12 years old, and we had a church auction. One of the auctioned items was a 1994-95 Rocket Ball Autographed by all the Houston Rockets from when they defeated the New York Knicks... 12 yrs later, I still have that same ball... Going foward 10 years later, for those of you who remember this game, or possibly even went to this game, it was March 26, 2003, vs. the LA Lakers, the last game against them in Compaq Center. I spray-painted my face, red and blue, with Y A O on my forehead, I was sitting in the upper deck, and the Rockets Squad, the guys that play the drums, and are silver-spray painted? Well anyways, I asked them if I could join them to cheer on the Rockets? They were like: "Well, you're gonna have to ask our main guy..." I asked him and he said: "Yah come on man..." So I was with them, and when they were done with me, nearing the end of the game (We lost 96-93, on a Glen Rice miss from halfcourt.) a guy comes up to me and says: "Here you go man, this is for you!" He handed me a "Houston Rockets 6th Man of the Game Drum..." I WAS LIKE: OMG WOW! Thanks! And yes, I still even have that!

Other things I have is the Yao Ming lifesize poster, Yao Ming's first home game with the Rockets, I also went to the Hakeem Olajuwon's Retirement Party that year they had it, I also met Kevin Costner (the guy from Tin Cup) and shook his hand and got his autograph, and those highlights are just to name a few! I also sit courtside of the Houston/Phoenix, of Game 1 (when we went down 0-2 to Phoenix and was being called Choke City?) I met Calvin Murphy, all of these memories I treasure dearly and wanted to share them with you Rocket Diehards!

What are things you have that are Rockets or perhaps a favorite memory you have of the Houston Rockets?

2. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

T-Macs 13 points in 33 seconds, watched that game live, and thats the most amazing thing I have seen in basketball.

3. GrapeJuices

GrapeJuices Contributing Member

Rafer alston's no look pass.

4. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

Dream putting the put back to Clyde's miss in game 1 of the Finals at Orlando, turning around and then putting his arms up in celebration.

5. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

A game against the Grizzlies, I believe it was the first year in the Toyota Center around Christmas. About 6 of us were picked to go out on half court and either pick a present and win what's inside, or shoot a free throw and win a trip to San Antonio to see the Rockets play the Spurs and a night in a hotel. My girlfriend and I were both lucky enough to be picked, as well as a good friend from here. The first guy that went chose a gift and got a team autographed ball, the second person that went got a Yao jersey, the third person got a t-shirt with some socks. Then it was my turn, I went to the bags and told the crowd to help me by getting louder. I picked one and it was a trip to L.A. to see the Rockets play the Lakers and hotel fares. My friend on here went and he got a noogie from Clutch! My girlfriend went last, and she figured there was no good stuff left so she was going to try the free throw to win the trip to San Antonio. She told T-Grey that she probably couldn't make the free throw, so he offered to let her shoot a layup. Then when she said she couldn't make a layup either here comes Bo Outlaw. He comes up and offers to shoot a layup for her, she accepts, he dunks the ball, and the rest is history.

One time I got to do the flip phone frenzy, but I lost it and when they asked the crowd there wasn't one that stood out, so I tried to go with the louder choice, but it was the wrong one :'(

Pugs