1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Media Day set for September 29th

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2014.

1. MONON

MONON Member

Yes! 2 weeks from tomorrow. :grin: Won't be long now. :) Just a little more patience. :( How long can this *&^%$#@ offseason be!?! :mad:

2. verysimplejason

Can't wait for season to start and see the new Rockets and how they'll fare.

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Do you guys know when there is open practice/

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

Man, for the first time after 22 years of being a Rocket fan, I just don't care... Maybe I am just getting older, maybe it's because I am married and have kids now and big responsibilities but I just can't get excited about the "hope " of the Rockets this year. call me bitter.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Wait. So you didn't give up hope when T-Mac, Artest, and Yao collapsed?
    But now hope is fading when we have Dwight and Harden?

Maybe it was the complete failure of an offseason that embittered you, but as long as Harden and Howard are still here we're still a dark horse.

6. delishman

delishman Member

Agreed. Offseason hurt but we are still sitting pretty and with Morley.. Soon.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I think the Texans season of 2-14 and the jackup by Fitz today is adding to your Houston doldrums.

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

I am an eternal optimist by nature, just think that I have been diluting myself all this time. Especially after having the knowledge I have now of sports and being able to see what squads legitimately have a chance of winning a title vs.those that don't. I can easily look back on past Rocket teams and see why we didn't have a snowballs chance in hell with most of those teams we had over the last decade but I would get all excited like "oooh, if this guy has a big season, or this guy is going to be really good we are gonna scare people", etc. Same stuff I read on here all the time now and then quickly dismiss because I realize it's false hope and based on nothing but the hype we hear someone else say or the hype we project. I know Harden and Howard are legit stars but outside of those 2... Eh. Not gonna win a championship with this squad. At least 2 MUCH better players are required to be on this team than we have right now to get it done.

Not mad, just being real.

9. pippsux

pippsux Member

I dont know what to expect with this roster but Im going in with an open mind...clean slate....untill Mchale does another outstanding job, then Ill realize that is will be another bad dream.

Go Rockets!!!!

10. bmd

bmd Member

I don't think anybody is expecting to win a championship with this current team. That's why everybody around here is in a bad mood.

But, there are certainly still things to look forward to that are unknowns right now. I know this isn't a championship squad, but I'm still excited for the season to start.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

the less well attended Mafia day often goes entirely unnoticed.

12. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Clutch - any confirmation on the new jerseys?

13. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

I'll have to look but I think it was already confirmed that they were going with a new cut similar to the knicks jerseys. But the design will still be the same unfortunately

14. bmd

bmd Member

Where'd you hear that?

15. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I heard the same thing a few months ago. I think it was in a tweet (or maybe a short article) by Jonathan Feigen.

EDIT: Couldn't find the article, but found this post by you:

#35 HeWhoIsLunchbox, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Nothing has been confirmed. They either took the story down because they aren't doing it this year or because the team wanted to break the news.

Either way, it sucks. :p

17. bmd

bmd Member

Well yeah, that's why I was asking. I was wondering if you were referencing that article or if you heard something new.

There was a Houston Chronicle article that was up for like 5 minutes. It was taken down almost as fast as it was put up. Somebody here happened to see it before it was taken down and so that fueled all of the speculation.

But since then, we've heard absolutely nothing, and the Adidas catalog that came out showing every jersey for the upcoming season had the Rockets' jersey with the same cut as before.

So that makes me think the cut will be the same. But, we won't know for sure until we see the actual jerseys... probably on Media Day.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard said he was really sad to see Lin, Parsons and Asik go. But says it's 'all about H-Town' now.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/515891796476698625">September 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard said his relationship with all his teammates last year really grew in the playoffs. He is excited about the newcomers, though.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/515892410329858048">September 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard: “A
    lot of people were really surprised about a lot of things that happened this summer with our team.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/515909768330747904">September 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard said he was happy to have Trevor Ariza in Houston. Said he thinks that he can add a lot to Rockets.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/515910752519979008">September 27, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>. <a href="https://twitter.com/Dwight">@Dwight</a> Howard: &quot;A lot of people were surprised at a lot of things that happened this summer with our team but I think we're going(con't)</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/515916618845933569">September 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward">@DwightHoward</a> : &quot;...to have a really good season. We've got some really good guys. We're looking forward to having a great year.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/515916638651416576">September 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard on playing with Trevor Ariza again: &quot;I'm excited he's here. I think he's going to be great for our team.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/515917337716072448">September 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>. <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward">@DwightHoward</a> : &quot;We have a great situation here in Houston. It's on me &amp; James (Harden) to just lead these guys...by everything we do.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/515918917081268225">September 27, 2014</a></blockquote>

#38 J.R., Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope Clutch can ask T.Jones how his off season preparation went, and is he continuing to
    work on defense, rebounding, shooting.

If he can show a 25% improvement this year, our PF spot might become respectable.

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I'm freaking out, so damn excited for basketball to resume.