1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Media Day 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That guy's twitter handle is similar to your username!

2. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

He looked like the only one not excited today. Maybe he was told he's not going to start.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I more remember him dancing around it. Seems more authoritative this time. But, like we all know, we shall see.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

A quote from the JVG playbook.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Things that I suspected with regards to coaching.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

weird. And the profile picture looks familiar.

lulz -- thought it looked more professional to post my takes as Tweets. (actually, twitter made it a lot easier to upload picture to share. And the SNL Garrett photo)

7. onreego

onreego Member

That's the thing. Harden gets flamed for getting McHale fired but who can really blame him? Having a player's coach is great but that coach still needs discipline and structure. McHale obviously didn't have that. We'll see how things work out with MDA.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

As long as he (Eric Gordon) doesn't turn into a liability (see also Lawson, Ty). For him to start, Harden would have to start at the 3. It's a lineup we'll see, especially given D'Antoni's small balls---er, small ball---propensity; but it won't be the starting lineup.

Maybe Gordon just isn't the demonstrative sort.

9. heypartner

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

time to show the nba what we are about

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Are you a girl?

13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Or since Harden is going to be Nash 2.0 in SSOL 2.0, then he can move to the 1 for real, and go:
    Beard
    Gordon
    Trev
    Ryan
    Clint

Shock the world. Do something radical. If you say Harden really is the PG then put money where your mouth is. Oh but then Harden has to guard 1s? Well then guard them. Or have Gordon guard them. Bev-Prigs is a terrible duo sharing minutes at the 1. Bev-Ennis is just as bad. Should be Beard-Bev sharing minutes at the 1.

But they will start Bev and have Gordon off the bench, which just makes me sad inside.

14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

While posting quotes via tweets is a great thing and helpful for those who missed the media sessions I hope this blatant self promotion doesn't become a thing on this website especially when the person adds in their own commentary.

#94 oogie boogie, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  15. Fantasma Negro

Yeah poor Ryan Anderson knowing his role. Who the **** is Ryan Anderson? A spot up shooter, not a facilitator, not a very good reboundee and not a plus defender, yeah you better kiss the beard. Ryan knows where his bread is buttered. I don't feel bad for Anderson, if he's sad he can dry his eyes with seventeen mil

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Why you asking everyone if he/she's a girl? Are you a 12 years old chav? Lol...

Also that avatar...yup, probably a 12 years old chav lol

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

is hilario making those hilarious jokes about him being a warrior even though he rebounds like a small forward?

18. heypartner

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  19. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

lmao did Anderson steal your gril or something? He was asked about Harden 5 questions in a row

20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Welcome to the People-I-Got-On-Ignore club..

Anyways, listened to the entire media session while driving today. Trevor, Patrick, and James seemed the most up beat. Capela seemed like the most unsure person. I don't think he's ready for what coach is expecting from him. I see a lot of minutes coming from Nene and Nene will probably be a starter mid-December if my feeling is right about Clint. Nene might be our most important acquisition because we are just simply thin in the front court. Anderson seems like he understands his role as well and seems upbeat on playing with James.

I'm glad most of the guys are rallying behind James. Last season was definitely a weird one and I truly believe it was an anomaly or outlier. We will be a 50 win team this season defense be damned. Got us pegged being a top 6 offensive team and just outside the top 15 in in defense. Probably around 18 or 19 but just inside the top 20.