1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Mavs interested in Andre Iguodala trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 4, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mavs can fit him in beautifully with their $22M cap space or $21M trade exception.
    Come on Mark! ;)

2. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

that dude making 17 mil this season PASS

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Maybe Cubes can save us from giving up a first round pick, like he saved us from paying Parsons.

clutchdabear and J.R. like this.
  4. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Typical rockets can we keep a damn draft pick for once. I'm so tired of chasing players that are washed up.

maw7079, SkareKrow and Hank McDowell like this.
  5. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Daryl morey is overrated.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That washed up player helped his team kick our stupid asses out of the playoffs. He'd be an excellent pickup. Maybe for a couple of seconds, not a first.

It's like Cuban and Presti wait to see what we're up to.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lol so confusing how anyone on this forum can say this guy is plain washed up and has nothing left when he’s been a damn thorn in the rockets side for years. And even at over month ago. A guy who just had game saving defense, game winning shots is washed up ok. Give me this washed up guy over half the entire roster then. If it only costs Shump, there’s absolutely no reason why anyone should hate that deal

Corrosion, ROXTXIA and everyday eddie like this.
  8. UrbanEnterprise

I hate Igoudala

I don't want him here

Little Bit likes this.
  9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not sure why that matters. It's a one year deal. It doesn't lock us up long term. Additionally, they'd be able to use him as filler to trade up for a guy making more than 20 million at the deadline. And the way they'd get him is by re-signing Iman Shumpert under bird rights and trading him straight up with a pick. I can understand if somebody doesn't think he's worth the pick but why do you care if Tillman pays Iggy 17 million? This trade or a trade like this is the only viable way we can add talent and most likely if we're talking about a situation in which a player is both good and on a good contract teams aren't going to be looking to give them up in the first place. When you're where we're at sometimes an overpay is necessary. And I don't see the downside if it's only one year.

All of that said, WHY ON EARTH WOULD WE GIVE UP IMAN SHUMPERT?!?! WOULD NOT TRADE STRAIGHT UP FOR KAWHI.

#69 Williamson, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  10. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

How would we even match salaries?

Iggy makes 16 right? Harden, Paul, Gordon, Tucker, Capela are the only guys that line up salary wise.

11. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

How many times are you going to tell us you "hate" Iggy?

In all seriousness, we hated Rivers and now most seem to like him. Seeing what is left, Iggy would be a nice addition to make a run next season. Especially if we can ice him until the playoffs. I'm on board with giving it a go. Draft picks are simply assets during the Harden era.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sign & trade Iman Shumpert, if both(he/Memphis) so graciously agree.

joshuaao and YOLO like this.
  13. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Morey has lost his own faith in his mediocre drafting so he just gives them all away and hopes to get already established players

14. txn

txn Member

Another “Interest”, another dark horse team comes out of nowhere get the trade done. Like what OKC or Miami did in the past. Morey never learned to STFU and speak after the job is done.

15. JW86

JW86 Member

You know, in all these years and times we’ve chased him and I’ve wanted him since the 76ers, I always thought he just wouldn’t be a Rocket. Just couldn’t picture him in our jersey and still can’t. I’d actually bet my life on it not happening and see him in Dallas, Lakers or some other team with cap space.

16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

We need to find a way to trade completely out of the draft again. I don’t like the idea of us having to participate in that nonsense ever again.

RichieBanks and justtxyank like this.
  17. Williamson

He'd be sign and traded and get a free 13 million and then likely be bought out anyway. Also, we know he didn't want to leave Sacramento so I don't think winning a championship is his priority.

18. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Bro you are spot on!

19. Williamson

You obviously didn't read a single thing here. We can sign Shumpert using bird rights for up to 13.2 million before the BYC rules kick in. You then trade him straight up for Iggy. All you're losing is Shumpert's bird rights and whatever pick they include to sweeten the pot.

YOLO likes this.
  20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yes we are only one 35 year old away.