1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Matching Cavs Lowry Offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cardpire, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

2. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Hey, thank Les too people, the guy opening up his wallet right now. I just cheaped out on spending 70 cents to get extra pepperoni on my pizza, I can't imagine how Mr. Alexander is feeling right now.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

As expected.

Now on to Luis

DD

4. RocketJoe

RocketJoe Contributing Member

I think with the way that Free agency has been going and the ugly contracts that are being handed out Kyle Lowry is worth what he is given. He's no longer an unknown and a bargain but rather he is a capable point guard that could start for a lot of teams in this league.

Our D would have instantly been worse without him. Also, we could no longer bring in the two PG lineup where AB plays off the ball and KLow guards the 2.

I'm sure Morey and Les are glad to pay the 5.8/yr for the PG that leads the league in pushing the tempo of the game (According to DM's stats).

Welcome back Kyle.

1 person likes this.
  5. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Ah, wasn't familiar with the system until now. But still, doesn't the MLE put us over the tax line? We might use it for a backup center (ala Brad Miller).

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm glad to see the Rockets stay loyal to a very important player on the team. Now we just need to bring back Scola.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Congrats Kyle!

Now back to the bench...

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

yeah they could, you should have read what Bima posted correctly :cool:

9. devilsdandruff

twitter

10. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It's really not a bad deal. Chris Duhon and Luke Ridnour are significantly worse than Lowry and got 4 million a year. Lowry is an elite backup PG, so that really is not too much, especially for your 6th/7th man.

12. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Phewww. I can go buy my Kyle lowry Jersey and use it for four years!

13. Prince

Prince Member

I love you DM.

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Stoked! Glad he matched quickly, maybe it will keep teams away from Scola

15. elindio23

elindio23 Member

16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Considering we had the Bosh phenomenon and other teams signing free agents left/right, I see a reason why the Rockets didn't do anything... status quo. It isn't a bad summer after all considering the Rockets maybe the very few team with roster changeover. Well done!!!

17. Mashing

Mashing Member

Thank you Mr. Alexander. You're such a great owner.

18. romain

romain Member

What you said.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the fact they match so quickly though tell me that his contract was probably lower than what value they believed he was worth - so in that way its a bargain the problem is that we may never known what the rockets staff value lowry at.

-- we have shooters around yao with martin, ariza (who is a good 3pt shooter when spot up), scola can hit the midrange, having brooks out there will help create more space no doubt

but

how long do you think Yao will last out there with Martin and Brooks as the starting backcourt? Opposing guards are just gonna go right by either of them into the paint and get Yao into early foul trouble and then at that point the added benefits of Brooks' shooting goes down since Yao isnt in there anymore.

Lowry may not shoot the 3 ball as well as we would want him to, hopefully he is working hard on that this summer, but his midrange is decent and get gets to the line a lot which is still a more efficient way of scoring points than the 3 ball.

I think the starting five can do five with Lowry everyone loves to run except Yao and Yao can trail the play if there isnt any easy transition baskets to be had.

IMO Brooks may benefit the team more off the bench but if he were to be traded (as I personally expect, but do not hope for) he is better being a starter so his stats stay up.

I just personally feel Aaron's weaknesses will be magnified even more with Martin and Yao back than his strengths and Lowry's strengths are Aaron's weaknesses.

1 person likes this.
  20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Good to hear he's staying. Now we can move on to other things.