1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Matching Cavs Lowry Offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cardpire, Jul 14, 2010.

1. DontTradeOswalt

I got a million ways to get it...

Yesss!!!! Lowry is back!!!, but I have a bad feeling Scola is going to get 9M per year from a team like the Nets :(

2. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

He would have played back up :cool: Mo in Cleveland anyway.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Technically, he still can. He could have just ment he INTENDS to match it.. 6 days from now.

We wouldn't be able to do a SnT with the Cavs once they signed Lowry to the offer sheet. We can't trade them Lowry for an entire year.

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Nice!

Sends a good message to anyone after Scola too. We weren't kidding about matching any offers for them.

5. Raven

Raven Member

This sends a positive message to Luis.

6. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

i was reading the Cavs forum earlier to see what they were saying about Kyle. most were like 'i guess Mo is gone now.'

well Cavs fans, you can keep Mo now, losers.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wrote in this the other thread

bolded the last part the rockets took less than 24 hours his deal is well worth his value if not a bargain

1 person likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Outstanding! Way to go, Morey, and I hope this helps with signing Luis. :cool:

9. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

We're going to be like 10M over the tax line when everything's said and done...looks like Les REALLY meant it when he said he's willing to go ALL OUT this season. LET'S MAKE THE MOST OF IT! 2011 NBA CHAMPS :cool:

10. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

This is bad. Thats such a sizeable offer. This is going to handicap the Rockets in the immediate future in making moves to fill other needs. Add this along with Ariza for overpaid contracts that don't match the returns

11. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Even if Lowry is upset he may not get to start if we keep Brooks for the year, at least he got a raise.

12. LongTimeFan

The MLE for Kyle Lowry is far from a bargain -- you can argue fair value, but I don't think anyone will be calling him a bargain anymore.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yes, you can if all three parties agree. They would just do a separate deal and rip up the offer sheet.

14. AggieRocketsFan

This does not mean AB is on the trading block... omg stop

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

true, i'm sure they had a range of what, per year, he was going to get offered and what they would match. This was obviously within their range...and although it's a tad higher than I tought, it's by no means too surprising.

16. LongTimeFan

No, I don't think you can. That's not how it works for RFA. If they intended to sign Lowry to an offer sheet, without actually signing him, then we could work out a SnT. Once they signed him, he became off the trade market for them for an entire year. You can't just pretend that he never signed the offer sheet to do a SnT.

17. txtodd

txtodd Member

Waited just long enough for Kyle to send a phone pic with today's newspaper, to show he's not fat.

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Nice for Lowry and the rockets, but it is a big offer from Cav. I hope this match scares the teams away to steal Scola. Can we offer Scola a four year contract for 36-40 M? No more matching game, the Net could offer him more.

19. FFz

FFz Member

Morey should have used the full 7 days just to warn teams about giving some crazy contract to scola. Or maybe he wants teams to give a contract to scola already so he can match.

20. ThaShark316_28

Now let's go get THIS:

[​IMG]

Great move DM.

[​IMG]