1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets make Sergio Llull $24 million offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MarioKissoDeath, Jun 22, 2015.

1. nemac

nemac Member

Sounds familiar.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Are you not looking at the woman :grin:

3. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I saw that and was like "Oh.. he'll fit right in" hahaha

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He is currently ranked 5th in assist in Euroleague, averaging 5.8 assists per 27.5 minutes. If we follow Hollinger's formula (assist rates increase 31 percent from Euroleague to NBA), then per 32 minutes Llull would actually have a pretty fantastic assist rate in the NBA. Assuming he plays 32 minutes per game in the NBA, he would statistically average around 9 assists per game.

Furthermore, Llull has played more games than the other top 4 assist leaders, so his assist rates are a lot more representative of his actual abilities as opposed to potential deviations (for example, the leader in assists in euroleague has played 24 games, Llull has played 30).

So basically, Llull is a premier playmaker in the Euroleague.

5. Fantasma Negro

The more I think about it, the more I think this is a negotiation tactic for Bev

6. Space City

Space City Member

Llull is 6'4" 190 lbs
    Curry is 6'3" 190 lbs
    And can we please stop comparing every single potential point guard addition to Stephen Curry? We're not adding a Stephen Curry caliber player (or a complete Curry stopper) this offseason. He's an MVP for a reason.

Llull is said to be a hard working defender and he's often considered among the more athletic point guards in Europe (this isn't something I witnessed, just things I've read).

If anyone does have defensive highlights/breakdown videos of Llull, that would be awesome.

7. nemac

nemac Member

I could've sworn I heard him called 'Yulj', 'lj' as in Ljubljana, Slovenia.

8. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

You forgot Johnny the people Flynn and that fat Raymond guy

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Johnny Flynn and Derek Fisher

10. Fantasma Negro

Are you kidding me? The pg position has become a revolving door since Morey got here

11. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Ljubljanna is beautiful I want to go back now :/

12. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

My concern with this situation is from a psychological stand point. Sometimes folks are "wishy washy" because there is an anxiety about moving. They are torn. They do not want to move, but they also don't want to permanently close the door. So they continue to delay, or maybe throw a nugget here and there showing they are still deciding or even leaning on choosing to make a move, they only decline when pushed to make a decision. I wonder if Llull falls in to this type of situation where deep down he does not want to leave or is scared to leave, but doesn't want to burn a bridge and that is why he continues to waffle. Would suck for us if that is the case.

13. hakeemthagreat

So you dont wanna pay Bev, but cash out on a player that hasn't played ONE NBA game? Smh. This has Jeremy Lin written all over it

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Because keeping anyone of them save Lowry and Dragic was a good idea... oh wait. :rolleyes: Everyone wanted Alston to go, AB should never be a starting PG, Lin...LOL, and PBev we are all in agreement that we need to do better. Lowry HAD to go. He wanted out. Dragic was a mistake IMO, especially since we followed that act with Lin.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Except you guys have no idea what type of contract offer it really is. You guys flamed Morey for the Papanikolaou contract before knowing that it actually wasn't two years 11 million but it was pretty much a manipulated huge non-guaranteed contract that was setup to be a huge trade asset this Summer.

The number being reported is based on no assumptions of 2nd or 3rd year team options or non-guarantees.

Given the contract Morey gave Papanikolaou its safe to assume that he understands risk of bringing over Euro prospects very well, and understands that he needs to make these guys whole in year 1 to compensate for their substantial buyout amounts.

The Jeremy Lin contract.... we can debate that one all day long, but at the end of the day it was 110% situational. You go back in time when that was happening pre-Harden trade and there is no reason to NOT overpay for a player that was at least going to bring huge interest to your team, and be a face of the franchise.

Had Harden NOT been acquired then dare I say he'd probably be well worth the money for a team that was on the verge of hitting the salary floor, was going to go through a painful rebuild (yes the Rockets were essentially tanking that season pre-Harden trade). If you want to rebuild through the draft, then having Jeremy Lin put butts in the seats, and lead your offense is pretty much a perfect fit.

So lets just leave the Jeremy Lin signing alone please. Morey will NEVER give an unproven player that type of contract under a situation like we are currently in competing for a title.

16. miggue

miggue Member

Llull:"I am surprised for some news about me, I am really happy in Madrid and I have got a signed contract."

17. micah1j

micah1j Member

He's in the middle of a championship series. Glad he is staying focused.

18. SemisolidSnake

"Very emotional." I like to hear that. I imagine you don't win MVPs of your league if you're the bad type of emotional. Sounds like he could provide a high level of energy from which the team can feed either by being a strong scorer, a team motivator, or hopefully consistently both.

19. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

So, it's like "You're" then?

20. miggue

miggue Member

It is "Yull".