1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Make Cuts - Ish Smith Makes Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hehe... corny jokes are corny. :)

By the way, one thing I remember about Harris this preseason is that, when Ish Smith made a great play in the blowout of the Pacers and a timeout was called, Harris greeted Smith with a huge smile and a hand slap. Mike had to know that Smith's strong play just doomed his Rockets career and yet he was still cheering on his teammate. Classy move.

I'm sure he'll land on his feet somewhere. As NBA player, he's only replacement level due to being a tweener, but he can make good money oversas.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

JT???

3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Sort of. But MLB has accomodations for those guys. If you're a yoyo type player (good enough for occasional call-ups for a MLB team, but not good enough to stick), you get $10,000/month in AAA, and at least MLB minimum while in the majors. The NBA needs a similar arrangement for the Mike Harrises of the world.

4. worzel gummidge

i think training camp contracts for vets like harris are around 30-40k.

5. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

maybe he should try going back to the thunder or wizards again. both of these teams could use harris's skills but Harris just keeps getting cut over and over again. I honestly think Mike Harris is a better offensive player than thabos selfelosha or however you spell his name. and even though thabos has a reputation for being a great defender, i think mike harris at least tries on defense in the rockets games I've seen him play in. Harris actually held his own. it's also pretty sad that players like Mike Harris, James White, Alexander Johnson, and John Lucas the third never get guranteed contracts, because some of the guys are actually better than alot of guys playing in the NBA right now honestly. JUst like Dave Chappelle said on his television show, sometimes you just have to deal with catching "tough breaks" in life.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Way to go Mike!! Go and make some money while you still can.

7. acjeitherocket

glad to hear that....like that lil dude...no homo

8. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Sefalosha is an elite defender. Go thru the west team by team and ask Harris to defend the best wing player on each of those teams. Sefalosha can do that and do it well.

There is a reason why guys like Sefalosha and Battier make rosters in the NBA, they allow you to play a guy like Kobe straight up and not get killed.

9. wyo-ming

wyo-ming Rookie

NEEDS TO WORK ON shot&needs to get bigger caught my eye in summer league but didnot think he would be on the opening day roster another team morey win!!! :p

10. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Ish does have the Steve Nash, Chris Paul type quality as a PG, the only concern is his shooting from deep and defense. As Rick stated, he gets in the lane and makes good decisions. His decision making is already better than AB and Lowry.

11. Stepping Razor

That's what she said

12. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

With the new Rondo coming to Houston and those four players being cut already, here is the latest on Erick Dampier.

Erick Dampier remains a free agent and the Suns are high on his list of potential teams.

Dampier is expected to make his decision before Monday.

"We are continuing to explore ways to improve our roster," Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby said.

"Phoenix is certainly one of the top teams he's considering," said Dampier's agent, Dan Fegan.

So the question that I asked before, who do we cut if Dampier chooses to come here?

13. Halfback10

Halfback10 Rookie

I want to see Ish Smith and Aaron Brooks in a foot race.

14. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I wouldn't want him if we had to cut somebody, but I'd say JT if I had to. Maybe DM can turn somebody into a future 2nd or something.

15. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Jerel McNeal is close to signing a contract (consider ti a done deal) for my hometown basketball club, Zadar. :)