1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets looking to trade KPJ....WTF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Sep 13, 2023.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd rather have Whitmore (and keep any picks) than have Herro .... he's kinda a one trick pony, Whitmore has the potential to be a much better player overall.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm not expecting KPJ getting traded or not to impact Cam much. If Cam can't win PT over a playable player acquired with KPJ's contract and some SRPs, that's on Cam. The Rockets need to develop Green, Sengun, Tari, Smith, and Amen as well as Cam. I suspect the primary reason the Rockets would trade KPJ versus waiving him would be to get a contract in the ~15M range for salary matching purposes. Getting a guy that can shoot and space the floor is likely secondary, but fine if the Rockets can get it. I doubt Rockets can trade KPJ, but if they do, it is not going to be for a player on a contract that doesn't have warts (i.e., the other team needs a reason that they want to get rid of a player that makes accepting KPJ's contract with compensation [SRPs] and cutting him worth it).

3. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Thing is social media reports regularly push speculation as fact or worse provide only one side of a story. Many times the prejudices of the person posting is reflected in what is written. Just like the broken neck (which was the headline for a bit) was found to be untrue other aspects of it also could be relayed falsely.

This is what the justice process should be all about to get to the facts so that there can be a fair resolution for all sides.

Too many people are completely willing to accept one side of any story (or even simply the severity of the accusation) as sufficient to destroy someone without even the chance to state their case.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, but the broken neck was reportedly a mistake by the hospital and the medical department.

Media ran with it, she had a condition which was congenial meaning she had it from birth, a very awkward looking neck which resembled a fracture.

But that was rare, like 1 in a 10000 or 100k people. I can understand the rage.

It was more than speculation because it came from professionals, just a mistake.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So Porter strangled her for a bit, but didn't break her neck. What a relief!

6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

How many teams called for Bryan's services today?

None?

Cut him.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Actually, congenial means that the condition gets along well with others and is pleasant to be around. Congenital, on the other hand... :D

Easy, TAB, Deckard and 1 other person like this.
  8. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think punching her repeatedly in the face and some strangulation is something the Rockets PR can get brushed under the carpet. Hell, the population is only 50% women. I'm sure they'll just forget.

clos4life likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

;)

topfive likes this.
  10. PeppermintCandy

Actually, I don't think the information about the vertebra being congenital has been confirmed by prosecutors or the victim's lawyers.
    The determination was made by an outside expert interviewed by Fox News. This is the only source of this information, I believe, though it has been repeated many times.

For the reporter to state that Porter "didn't appear to cause" the neck fracture is a bit of a stretch and bad journalism IMO, even if it turns out to be correct.

BTW the same article also quotes the Gondrezick's lawyer insisting that she was not hit repeatedly by Porter, going directly against the statement made by the police.

I believe this article is the original source for this quote as well. It seems like such a weird move to be made publicly by the lawyer of the victim during an ongoing investigation.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe.

Now we do not know, the NBA has shut down all information from outside so it seems.

12. i3artow i3aller

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

yes

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

I don't know. I'd be stoked to do a deal for Time Lord, but for Brogdon? Not too keen on that with how I envision Amen playing.

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

Amen is going to get his minutes, plus Brogdon is a tradeable asset down the line. KPJ is a fat zero and Tate is likable but can't shoot.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not care anymore, do as you will....haha

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

I mean, it's just one person's opinion, I could be wrong. It's not like it would be a trade for Lebron in his prime.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is fine.