1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets looking to trade KPJ....WTF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Sep 13, 2023.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

so you come in here with your assumptions and act like you're the one using logic. probably have restrictions and wont ever be used. you have literally 0 insight or credibility on any of that. your posts about kpj since the incident have been clueless and ignorant. but but but hes 23. but but but he just made a mistake. but but but hes not a bad person. oh and lets not forget about the I'm from 5th ward cap.

[​IMG]

2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I did this initially just to prove how emotional you are. As the case with most women.

However, the facts remain, the Rockets are doing their due diligence and they will do what is best for the team. As for KPJ, he made a mistake and he has to live with it.

BamBam and 34to11 like this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

How dare anyone bring EMOTION rather than cold hard LOGIC to the serious business of sports fandom.

Folks, sports fanning is not a game. It's real life. Leave your emotions at home.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

I could give two shitts what you do anything for. you're a poser and clueless on half the stuff you try to talk about

LOL at due diligence. this logic is ignorant but no surprise its coming from you a kpj stan

so keeping valuable assets for use when its necessary isn't something that is best for the team. gotcha couch gm

5. MystikArkitect

This Rockets team has absolutely no idea what optics are. They seemingly haven't for a long time and continue to be utterly tone deaf when it comes to situations. This one in particular is unprecedented. The only comparable one is Deshaun Watson with the Texans. Sometimes you need to understand when a situation is beyond your bottom line and sports. Everyone has had to make business decisions that were losing the battle but winning the war type of decisions and this is one of those. Stone trying to salvage the situation here by getting a replacement player and using KPjs salary as filler or whatever is beyond the pale. Just ****ing cut him and sign a G Leaguer or whatever. You're probably going to get similar production out of whomever you get anyway and you don't continue looking like a 1960s frat house running a basketball team.

Like seeing a murder scene and being careful with the furniture just in case you want to sell it and "salvage" the situation.

6. mightybosstone

I don't think it's fair to just chalk it up to "emotion." I think it's 100% illogical to think a team would actually trade for KPJ given the charges he's facing. I think it's also logical to acknowledge the massive PR hit the team has already taken with this and the further PR hit teams take when they don't make the right decision in cases like this. The "logical" move here is to just cut him, say all the right things in statements and interviews, count your losses and do your best to divert the attention of the public back on the guys who will be in training camp in a few weeks.

7. Brown Juice

Brown Juice Member

I am going to take a nap.

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think thats why they call them ASSETS. Assets are capital that you control which can be used in both good and bad times.

Think of it like this. What if a key player had been injured and lost for the season? They would use those same picks to go out and find a trade. Obviously, KPJ is gone and he's not coming back. So rather than lose that salary slot, which isnwhat im hearing, if the release him. Why not seek a trade to replace his production and salary?

And with the youth they have on the team, they don't need any more young players for the next yr or two

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

you use assets at the right times not wrong times. that's called good asset management. however you yourself want to be known for bad asset management. that's a you issue. don't try to bring others with you who are smart enough to know the difference

no they wouldn't. they would either give others on the roster an opportunity to step up or sign someone as a FA (both don't cost using prime assets and wasting them) But another prime example of bad asset management on your part with that silly assumption. you have the same short sighted tunnel vision as Tilman the worst owner in the league who knows next to nothing about how to operate a professional sports franchise correctly

#269 YOLO, Sep 14, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I get your analogy. But I see it a little bit different and I think so do the Rockets. After 3yrs of tanking and bringing in a bona-fide head coach in Ime Udoka, they are not just trying to have a productive season, they want to make the playoffs or play-in.

And love him or leave him, KPJ was going to be a vital part of that. Now that have to scramble to make up the lost. And scouring through the G-League aint it.

#270 hlmbasketball, Sep 14, 2023
  11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

No you use assets anytime you NEED them. Example, if your car breaks down, your going to need money to fix it. The first thing you’re going to do is go to the bank and get money to fix it....you're using your assets/capital. Thats what assets are for.

And this is one of those times, when you need to use your assets to fix a problem.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

congrats on snitching on yourself and showing how terrible of a GM you would be. hallelujah you are not where near any sort of decision making

LMFAO did you really just use this silly logic that has nothing to do with draft picks/woman beater. bless you. yikes

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

So tell me other than straight releasing him, how would you solve the problem? Because if you release him, according to what Im hearing, you lose that salary slot.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

There's only 1 correct decision here. and it's not difficult. it's literally common sense.

you dump him af as you can and transition to what really matters and that's the coming season. the first season in a very long time where in reality where taking a step in the right direction is a possibility. All this dangling a trash abuser in the public eye to save Tilman some bucks is utterly pathetic.

#274 YOLO, Sep 14, 2023
    theDude likes this.
  15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's where you're wrong at, Tilman is not saving money if he's taking on another contract. How is he saving money, if he's basically swapping out contracts?

If anything, he'll be taking on money if the player they add has a 2 - 3yr contract. Which at this stage is hypothetical.

That's why I don't understand the hostility towards the Rockets for trying to make a bad situation better.

34to11 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is not real hostility, have you ever experienced trauma?

People need a few days or weeks for traumatic news as well, even if it is just someone from their favorite team.

Folks live off emotions.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

He's trying foolishly to dangle taking KPJ's deal so he doesn't have to pay that loser. you don't understand the hostility because you don't understand asset management. you only see waste management

18. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This team’s FO is unbelievably stupid. The Rockets got him for nothing because no other team was willing to take a chance on him. He’d been kicked off every team he had played on. Since the acquisition, he has done nothing to increase his value for any team. And now his salary is $16M. His shot selection is horrible, he gives up on plays, he skips practices, he quit on the team mid-game and drove home at halftime, and he tried to murder a woman!

Trying to recoup salary is the least of the Rockets worries. They should cut him immediately and release statements about being willing to lose the money when such a serious matter is at stake. That’s the best PR decision you can make and it will be worth the $16M hit. Dragging this out and “doing what’s best for the team” is going to do more long term damage than anyone on the Rockets seems to realize. And the lack of awareness is just another reason this front office needs an immediate retool.

19. i3artow i3aller

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

So you want him to pay KPJ? I thought you didn't like KPJ? But my question is, if he pays KPJ or another player, what's the difference? He's still willing to pay.

I'd rather have a legitimate NBA Player on the roster, than a G-Leaguer....use your draft capital

Jayzers_100 likes this.