1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets looking to trade KPJ....WTF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Sep 13, 2023.

1. 34to11

34to11 Member

The Rockets' roster, rife with young talent still requiring some development, make draft capital at less of a premium for them relative to other teams.
    It's not hard to understand... but then again, for some of you it apparently is.

It speaks volumes that every other basketball forum understands the move except this one.

Dumbasses.

CXbby likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

draft capitol is never less of a premium. it always has worth. This is the dumbass mindset of a Tilman apologist when he attached picks to a dumbass player instead of using them to actually improve the team. like i said a lot of you folks have no understanding of actual asset management. you're so use to morons like Tilman giving them away so you think that's how its supposed to work. wrong

ArtV likes this.
  3. 34to11

34to11 Member

Who said anything about Tillman???
    Keep that red herring.

Using draft capital to move the KPJ contract for a more useful player IS improving the team. It's shocking that anyone finds this a hard concept to grasp.
    Context matters.
    Situational awareness matters.

Those things seem to be severely lacking around here.

Xopher and CXbby like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

I did bc he's a prime example of stupidity in asset manage men. in fact he's still the worst

you're not getting a more useful player. It's nothing more than delusional wishful thinking. its literally common sense. folks around here think the rockets can dangle trash for bait and trade it for treasure. Never fails with the lack of common sense. Constant overrating of some of the sorriest players on this planet

the irony of highlighting context and situational awareness, especially on this topic

5. 34to11

34to11 Member

Didn't you just say draft picks ALWAYS have value???
    But now your argument is that they're trash.

You seem quite confused. I hope you figure it out.
    I'll leave you to it.

II

CXbby likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tf are you talking about yeah KPJ is absolute trash. You clearly can't read well. your delusional ass thinks the rockets can dangle trash like kpj and turn it into some kind of treasure. Like i said stupidity. not only do you stink at asset management, clearly assessing value is out the window too

once again look it the mirror. your attempt to act like you knew wtf you were talking about didn't turn out the way you wanted.

7. 34to11

34to11 Member

So...confused and illiterate.
    Got it.

Good luck with that.

Dobbizzle and CXbby like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's what i thought. now you can ride off like the moron you are since you have nothing else

trying to come on here and call other folks dumbasses when you have no clue wtf you're even talking about. gtfoh

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets aren’t getting sh*t for KPJ, people need to just stop

he has less value than useless irrelevant players like JC and Garuba…he has negative value

and unless the Rockets are truly the dumbest organization in all of sports, whatever “draft compensation” they’re attaching to KPJ won’t be anything worthwhile…So what is the incentive for the other team?

i3artow i3aller and Joe Rocket like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

but but but but his contract. random casuals on here trying to tell other folks this is how it should be handled and they're doing the right thing is utterly stupid

#250 YOLO, Sep 14, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  11. 34to11

34to11 Member

Yep.
    It seems pretty simple and easy to grasp. Even non-Rockets fans on other boards understand the move.
    Yet certain CFers are struggling with it.

It's both sad and hilarious.

12. i3artow i3aller

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yep, message received. Trade tweet was all about sending a message.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the brain is still in shock mode and I think frankly I do believe folks do not want a new player with baggage.

They do not want to deal with the new player unless it is a legit super star or All Star nobody can resist, right?

Or a performer like Anunoby.

It took 2 years to trade Eric Gordon who was a better shooter and cleaner than KPJ by a mile.

Stone is not a good trader, he also is not close to many GMs.

#254 daywalker02, Sep 14, 2023
    Joe Rocket likes this.
  15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Just drop him for gods sake.

MystikArkitect likes this.
  16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Cutting him sends a message from the Rockets for current and future players - F!@# around and find out. It's a MUCH needed message that we aren't the same team we've been for the past couple of years. Worth keeping your picks and writing off the 18mm to show how the regime has changed.

Trading him sends a different message - You'll always be an asset to us. That and we value money (loss of money in this case) over picks. And FAT chance ANYONE takes him unless the offer is WAY TOO crazy to turn down. It's a HORRIBLE PR move. There is no winning for us so just send the message.

We just seem so trashy. I don't care if he never suits up for the Rockets. The message you're sending is just bottom of the barrel trash.

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

The
    collective IQ of Clutchfans has reached depths I couldn’t dream of. Didn’t think @The Cat needed to spell it out by pieces like for kindergartners but here we are.

18. mightybosstone

I don't think for most fans the issue is understanding the complexities of why they would want to trade KPJ and what the benefits would be. It's not rocket science—we get it. The issue is the perception of a team trying to move a player after charges like this and trying to move him in a way that would benefit the franchise when the obvious PR move (and just moral move, period) is to immediately cut him.

The Rockets aren't the first professional sports team to ask "can we trade this idiot?" after a player did something morally questionable. But most teams don't actually attempt it because (A) no team would be dumb enough to trade for a player immediately after facing charges this bad, and (B) teams acknowledge the bad PR that would come from attempting to trade their idiot player.

#258 mightybosstone, Sep 14, 2023
  19. mightybosstone

Whoops. Double post.

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I really don't think they get the entirety of the situation. If you read their post, they're too emotional. Mainly, @YOLO.

The picks the Rockets probably use in trade will have restrictions and probably wont ever be used. I doubt any of them has thought that far. This is about salary

You can tell by their post that they are driven by emotion rather than logic.