1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets look like a 50 win team to me.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fansince80, Oct 21, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the West has become so much better that a soon to be 30 yr old Harden can only take them to 50-52 win alone without Paul and his leadership.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just got tired of assistant coaching and the NBA league. Wanted to spend more time with fam.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Depending upon which site you go to , Vegas has the Over / Under at either 55.5 or 56.5 …. I took the under.

Last years team was special …. this years team isn't.

4. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

im calling BS, did you see how many minutes hartenstein and MCW played for the sake of minutes management? that isn't happening when we have paul/knight/nene/chriss available

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

And Morey and several delusional Rockets fans should be asking why that is so.

My answer: Mismatch low quality off season replacement pieces which dont space the floor well on offense and dont contribute on defense.

6. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Ennis is shooting 43% on threes on 4.7 attempts per game in 23 minutes. you're forgetting how many bricks ariza chucked

Ariza's best season as a rocket shooting threes was 37% on 6.2 attempts in 35 minutes

Ennis is currently shooting higher volume per minute at a higher percentage

Looks like maybe MDA is focusing on getting the offense right first with the new pieces, and then we will figure out defense

buffalobills!!! and hakeem94 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Seems like the league has swung toward Offense this season.

Freedom of movement.......

Especially in the West, if you are an uptempo team, you will score over 110 and your opponent will score that much as well.

I think Defense comes down to the last quarter. Getting crucial stops reigns right now.

Bench isn't helping as they moved all those decent defenders to the starting unit.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly i think alot of us are pinning our hopes on Brandon freaking Knight. At least he has/had a relevant nba skill set.

Come on Brandon. Get well soon buddy.

mockster, hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Carroll Dawson surrounded Tmac and Yao with old washed up vets and Morey surrounds Harden and Cp3 with 1 year trash rentals plus a Kelvin Cato in Capela.

See a pattern here?

daywalker02 and bmelo like this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Rox_fan_here and BaselineFade like this.
  11. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

[​IMG]

#51 Swapshop, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  12. WhoDatStrosfan

Huge Rockets fan, not a Melo fan. Hoping I’ll be wrong, but he has looked washed up for awhile, to me. And with a bad attitude to boot. Not a good combo. Imo.

solid, harold bingo and Zboy like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Washed up is a nice term. An offensive Ex Superstar putting up 4 in PER. That is annihilation even if it's just 3 games.

WhoDatStrosfan likes this.
  14. High Vibrationz

Wats up bro ,were u been?

15. 1Deep

1Deep Member

It's still early so I think we can improve as the season goes along and MDA figures out the rotation.

BUT
    MCW should probably never play unless it's garbage time mins. What was Morey thinking adding a guy who can't make a 3 to save his life?

It's sad that saving $ took precedent over actually improving a roster that was 1 game away from the Finals. And we've had 2yrs now to add a legitimate big to play behind CC and still have no one smh. Morey has been golden for years but this roster as is looks slow, disinterested, and lacking in talent beyond Harden and CP3.

bballjunkie likes this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You listed one good player in that entire post lol

17. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

No, I doubt that we’ll be a 65 win team this year and yes, probably in the 50+ win range. What matters is making the playoffs and, by doing so you’ll probably still end up paying the higher win teams in route to the WCF and Championship.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....at least the Warriors haven't looked so hot to start the season either. They should have lost by a lot more last night if Denver hadn't missed like 10 free throws in the final quarter.

19. arubato

arubato Member

Nobody wants to face us in the playoffs

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Trevor Was/is obviously a better defender/player/leader than Ennis, but the rest of the starting 5 is literally the same, i just can't believe swapping Trevor with Ennis can be the reason why our defense/mentality is so worse than last season...i hope the retirement of Bzdelik isn't as big of a factor here as much as i'm starting to think...

WhoDatStrosfan and BaselineFade like this.