1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets lone draft pick #34 2013 NBA draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Apr 14, 2013.

1. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I guess GREAT or NOT is a matter of opinion under these circumstances. This is a draft thread so I'll just leave it at... Okay ;)

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

great catch sen89. i am a UNLV bball fan and a Mountain WEst fan so i know of franklin, to my dismay. he is very good on both sides.

i would love get jamaal

3. Sanity2disChaos

I would like to go after after Dwight who I think we can get then pull a rabbit out the hat and go sign d.west...next get CP3 on board...might be easy..part with harden, Parsons....Oh and Dwight Howard and your old running mate (when you were winning in the nola) back together and you may have a team that will compete and win quick..
    Cp3
    Harden
    Parsons
    D.West
    D.Howard

I like it and with some tweaking of the bench ,ala Miami , we could possible do it....

Or could we.....nice to dream

4. Sanity2disChaos

Damnit submitted prematurely (that's what she said!) But point is the acquisition of any player in this year's draft will mean little to nothing in the grand scheme of things and hopefully that means a good off-season.

5. Big Red Machine

How can you say that knowing the Rockets got Parsons in the 2nd round?

6. Greg M

Greg M Member

Incorrect. Snell is very athletic and is a superior NBA prospect to Franklin. Snell's problem is that he's too timid at times. He can do it all though when he's aggressive. Franklin's a punk.

7. Greg M

Greg M Member

I'm a biased UNM alum RE Snell. I've seen most all of his games. Anyway here's a more unbiased take on him from the Combine.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...derrated-prospects-who-deserve-1st-round-buzz

If he's there early 2nd round, he worth more than a look.

8. Swishh

Swishh Member

I know the chances of this happening are slim, but is there any chance we trade up in the late first round and draft Shane Larkin? Great shooter...

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't see any way DM trades up into the late first round. That's the worst spot to pick. Guaranteed contract/cap hold on pick that might suck.

I see it as highly unlikely the Rockets have a first round pick this year. I can see DM getting aggressive in the second round, maybe buying/acquiring an extra pick or two. this would be the smart thing to do.

If he's positioning himself and actually can play the 2 guard, would love to pick him up in early 2nd round. Would be a great guy to learn off the bench behind Harden.

10. Sanity2disChaos

You would be telling yourself a hell of a story if you think anybody can pull a Chandler Parsons out the hat every year......He was a good find and my point is that any player we draft may not be as significant as other picks in the past due to the much anticipated FA.......That will be what sets the ship right, not a 2nd round pick in a weak draft.

11. lionaire

lionaire Member

I would be ecstatic if we could somehow land Canaan.

12. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

13. AXG

AXG Member

How can the Rockets part with Harden and Parsons and have them in the starting lineup?

14. fattz

fattz Member

Anyone think Rudy Gobert could fall to us? Or trade one of the 5 power forwards for the rights to him. Looks like a nice fit on paper.

Glenn Rice Jr. would be nice, too. Thank you GR Jr GO! Vipers

15. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Rudy Gobert ? No!

16. Sanity2disChaos

Fixed....thanks

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Headed to Houston tomorrow to workout for the Houston Rockets! Let the business begin!</p>&mdash; Adonis Thomas (@AllDayThomas) <a href="https://twitter.com/AllDayThomas/status/338847181207379968">May 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Dammit:mad::mad:!!! That's Morey's kind of guy!!!:mad:

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

Actually, ever since the guranteed years went down from 3 to 2, low 1st round picks have gained quite a bit of value. They really are simply more expensive versions of the contracts Morey now give out to 2nd round picks. So I can definitely see the Rockets trade into the 1st round.

The question is what they'll have to give up to move up. If it's a 2nd rounder(our own or the Knicks) to a team that's looking to shed cost, I'd welcome such a move.

20. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

This can't be the only guy they're bringing in to work out... Right.