1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Logo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Sensei, Aug 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. The Sensei

The Sensei Contributing Member

Dear people of Clutch BBS

[​IMG]

This is what the current logo looks like. In some of the uniform pics, I noticed that this logo was used in the front of the jersey. However, I drew up a 'Houston' version to see what it would look like.

[​IMG]

#1 The Sensei, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2002
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

uh, your logo's aren't showing up/Links don't work.

3. The Sensei

no really... I'm trying to find a host where I can post those pictures up... It should be worth it tho...

4. courtside

courtside Member

Rox Box - I'd be happy to host those pics for you if you're still in need.

Email them to courtside@rogers.com and I'll reply with info on how to link to them. Cool?

5. The Sensei

Much appreciated, Courtside!

6. dttd888

dttd888 Member

Hey what's up with the hosting? I want to see this logo. Are you sure this is the final logo?

7. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

here's our current logo

[​IMG]

8. courtside

courtside Member

For what it's worth - I REALLY hope the Rockets ditch this logo. I'm happy the Raptors got rid of the comic-book looking uniforms a few years back and I think the Rockets uniforms could only get better if they change them. The current rocket ship thing could be greatly improved just by removing the face from the rocket. That is the single worst thing about the logo IMO.

#8 courtside, Aug 12, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2002
  9. The Sensei

Sorry guys, I was freaking out because I couldn't log on to Clutchcity.net. Personally, I too think they should completely ditch our current Rockets Logo/Uniform/Spaceship/etc.

But after seeing some of the Uniform pictures that were posted earlier (pre-draft), I noticed that the 'Rockets' lettering didn't look too bad on the front. If its one thing I've noticed about Basketball uniforms, flashy doesn't always constitute better. Look at teams like Dallas, Raptors (as Courside has mentioned), or Detroit (who recently salvaged a horrible jersey change by going back to their traditional unis).

But then again, what the first thing you think of when hearing 'Rockets'. I think of shiny, metallic, sleek, maybe fire or explosion... So using these logos with jersey color red seems like an ideal solution.

Or would ya'll rather talk about Rashard?

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's not too shabby. I think it is important to have the city on the jersey to show some civic pride. Look at Dallas. They have Dallas on their home Jersey.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Less is more: the approach they take when they design new uniforms and logo(I hope).

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rox Box, did you use graph paper to create the new "Houston" logo?