1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likeliest team to trade for Rudy Gay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This isn't a normal we want x player trade. Player X wants to come here.

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Why does that matter to Sacramento, though? Gay is under contract.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@HoustonRockets</a> are interested in <a href="https://twitter.com/RudyGay8">@RudyGay8</a>, according to <a href="https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA">@SteveKylerNBA</a>.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/VNdesign?src=hash">#VNdesign</a> <a href="https://t.co/Bz4qO0hBkR">pic.twitter.com/Bz4qO0hBkR</a></p>&mdash; VN Design (@VNdsgn) <a href="https://twitter.com/VNdsgn/status/758985664754876416">July 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Since making comments on Monday about the Kings organization lacking stability, Rudy Gay has since met with Vlade Divac.</p>&mdash; Sean Cunningham (@SeanCunningham) <a href="https://twitter.com/SeanCunningham/status/758834513342455809">July 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rudy Gay: &quot;At this point in my career I just want to be happy. I talked to Vlade &amp; we're working toward trying to make that happen.&quot;</p>&mdash; Sean Cunningham (@SeanCunningham) <a href="https://twitter.com/SeanCunningham/status/758897959253659648">July 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sign and trade Dmo with Trevor for Gay. That would get it done with less players .

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Rudy Gay as a possibility. Paul Millsap also being looked at?

One or the other, perhaps, the latter better than the first.

Don't know about both, though. Hasn't Rudy become more of a 4 these days? I suppose he can stand out there like a totem pole and shoot, but as a 3 will he give us matador defense? (Which this team needs to get away from, new head coach notwithstanding.)

6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I think that is actually what they had last year. It was certainly scary.

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ya but we traded him because we didn't want to have the (Rudy)Gay Head(Luther) lineup....man that joke never gets old.

8. jogo

jogo Member

I thought maybe Godfather meant we'd give them a Godfather offer?

Someone suggested that Divac likes Dmo and Bev. The Kinds supposedly wanted Bev earlier in the year. If Bev goes then we're obvi getting another PG and I don't know who that is. Collison? Someone from another team?

DMo+Bev = Gay+McLemore then we trade for a PG?

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

we drafted him, its only right he comes back "home"

10. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Way TOO MUCH imo. DMO S&T + Brew perhaps.

11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Let's get it done. We will have even more firepower on the court with Rudy. Guess we will just have to find defensive players at the deadline or next summer. Maybe Morey already has a plan for that if this trade happens. Hopefully we can keep Ariza in the deal somehow or have a 3rd team involved and we pick up another player (a PG).

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sac already has a bad rep with NBA players. If they piss off Gay sending him to a team he doesn't want to go to he will obliterate their already bad reputation.

13. jogo

jogo Member

Gay's numbers from 2014-2015 were really strong. This past year was a down year. He's 29 so I don't think he's dropped off much yet (I hope). He's got a lot of talent and we can use that. Do it (for a good price).

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I hope to be wrong but to me it seems more and more this team already is, and will be even more after this Gay trade, a MDA/Les team...eh...

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Rudy Gay trade..... really....??

Should we go back to 2008 and also talk about trading for Monta Ellis, Danny Granger, and Kevin Martin??

Also Steve Kyler is not an insider source. I thought we established that years ago. He's just a dude that tweets about the NBA online as much as anyone.

Rudy Gay at this point is a 4 man with some offensive skill. The Rockets essentially got a better scoring version of that player already in Anderson. Not sure what Gay brings to the Rockets at the 3 spot except for empty possessions that would be better off with Harden isolations. If you are going to iso you might as well give it to a GOOD iso player rather than a bad iso player like Gay.

So I'll believe it when I see it. Gay is pretty much the opposite of a Morey-type of player, and I'd be shocked if he was a serious trade target.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

I don't see it happening

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I totally agree dobro, the thing is...i'm not sure Gordon is a Morey player too...maybe Anderson is, but Gordon eh...

And btw the only trade i would do for Gay is something like Brewer + KJ for Gay and a future 2nd rounder -> IF Gay agrees to opt out next summer.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Ariza does more for this team than Gay would do.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I have thought Rudy Gay would be more of a target but to send to a third team that wants him. I don't know if Rudy having us on his short list makes a difference?