1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likeliest team to trade for Rudy Gay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

If the value of Gay isn't the problem, then the Rockets should just give them Brewer and KJ for Gay. That trade works in the trade machine:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hqa57rn

I don't see how that would have much effect of holding up another trade, as we still have pieces to sign for another reasonable upgrade. We aren't getting a superstar where we need in excess of 20 million in trade assets.

Getting Gay for Brewer and KJ is a definite upgrade in talent for this team by any stretch of the imagination.

2. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I love ClutchFans ridiculously one sided trades. Gay is the best piece in this trade, but hey, throw in some picks and one of your more promising young players and we got a deal for Beverley and Brewer. Lmao

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is Gay a good player though? Allegedly Boogie is an elite player and the narrative for why the Kings were such a garbage team was that Cousins didn't have any talent around him......well what does that say about Gay?

I wouldn't even offer Bev for Rudy Gay straight up.

4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

That's ridiculous. Bev is a marginal offensive players, actually he's quite offensive. And his defense and injury history has gotten worse every year. Rudy Gay may not be a super star, but he would definitely be an easy talent upgrade over Bev, and or Brewer, KJ, etc. Gay's offensive skills are even much better than Ariza's. This will be an offensive team next year, no matter what the coaches say about defense.

5. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

Read sactown' blog - the player they were most excited about first for the trade was Beverly. If they're gonna lose gay regardless, they want something for him. Same goes for McLemore. Classic logic.

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I think Rudy Gay has done a good job at playing against the narrative that he is a completely inefficient player. Shot 46.3% from the field and 34.4% from 3-point line.

I'm usually against players like these, but my opinion has started to change. Last year made me think that you NEED players that can score and put up numbers, even if they are flawed. The Corey Brewers and Patrick Beverley's of this world are decent role players, but they contribute almost nothing offensively.

If we can keep getting the unwanted Eric Gordon's and Rudy Gay's of the world on the cheap, I'm for it. Not sure how else we could possibly compete with the Warriors.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I think Gay for Beverley and Brewer is decently realistic. I don't see why they'd throw in a pick and McLemore.

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Capella/ Nene/ Harrell
    Gay/ Anderson
    Ariza/ Decker
    Harden point/ Pigioni
    Bev/ Gordon

Brewer and Mcdaniels out...

9. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Beasley.....

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Man your right.... We have too much of a log jam....too many guys at near the same level, somebody needs to separate themselves..

11. Fantasma Negro

Why does everyone keep say Gay is a power forward, he's a small forward, just like Lebron, just like KD. If we got him he'd start in place of Ariza but could play the pf in small lineups. Stop listening these lazy media ppl

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

He played a quarter of his minutes at the 4 last year.

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Not to be anti-Gay but he's sucked on the best teams during their best years. His best years were on the suckiest teams. Not sure why some think he's going to move the Rocket's needle when history shows nothing like that. Brewer and filler for Gay only because Gay off the bench beats Brewer off the bench. Not sure Sac is going to bite on that.

14. Fantasma Negro

So you're saying he plays the majority of his minutes at the 3 that means he's a small forward. It makes no sense the have Beas, sign Anderson and have Dmo on the hook just to get an undersized power forward

15. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Can this trade happen already? i'm getting impatient

16. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I wonder how different Rudy Gay career would be if he just went the Marcin Gaye route and added that E.

I bet his jersey sells would have gone up.

17. Sanity2disChaos

If Ariza goes to the birds then we will need Gay all day at the 3 spot.

Brewer + Bev. For Gay and A 1rst. Would do right.

18. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

LOL at these lopsided trades. They're not going to trade him for trash.

and at the poster above who think they would throw in a 1st rounder...... lmao.

19. alethios

alethios Member

He can play 4 in a small ball lineup much better than Beasley. Still, it begs the question - if we were to sign Gay and still have Ariza, who would start?

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

The point is, Gay's more than capable of playing PF, and that's what he'd be doing here. Rudy would be the starter at PF and get the bulk of the backup 3 minutes, Anderson plays the same super-sub role he had in NO, and if he's somehow still here Corey Brewer gets <s>taken out back and shot</s> sent to live on a nice farm with other wings who can't shoot 3s or dribble.

Gay's much better than Beasley, who's on a tiny contract and is totally expendable. And until DMo signs, there's no reason to assume he's going to be here next year (and in fact if we do get Gay, I'd expect DMo to leave if he gets anything better than the QO).

#380 dharocks, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016