1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Wow. this thread has gone to hell in a hand basket!! What ever you guys are taking to keep yourself rocking along in this thread.......take a little less!! We have a much bigger chance of pulling of the Gasol trade and having Nene stiff our cap room than any of this happening!!

1 person likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I would not be surprised at all if that is the masterplan. Notice I mentioned this idea in an earlier response to MadMax, too.

3. Vnilla_Gorilla

I would counter with:
    1. When you are not even a PLAYOFF team yet, you can't worry about how your moves effect the ALREADY contending teams.
    2. He's a professional and has a contract that pays him big money. Of course he prefers LA, most do, but preferring one situation over the other doesn't mean you have to despise all other options. He will adjust.
    3. Fairly valid point, but keep in mind he had a great year last season and that post players can generally contribute longer than guards since they don't depend solely on their athleticism.
    4. Young and full of potential, yes, but there are no promises. Gasol is a known quantity and one of the best at a position that is seriously lacking leaguewide.
    5. You have to start someone. Gasol and hopefully Nene while keeping young guys such as Lee and Lowry gives us an attractive team that could lure others.

You are also making a lot of assumptions in calling the Kobe-Paul duo a dynasty before they even have one practice together. They are both most effective dominating the ball. Can Kobe be a spot up shooter? Who knows if they actually get Howard, who is known to like the Nets as well. Not to mention they are trading away much of the advantage that lead to their 2 rings: ridiculous height and depth in Gasol, Bynum, and Odom. Leaves them with Odom at center and who else? What happens when he goes down for his yearly injury?

I love Martin and Scola, but scorers are a dime a dozen. A skilled C/PF that effects the game on offense and defense is much harder to come by. Its just too early to call this trade, one that hasn't even happened yet, a 'travesty' for the Rockets.

4. yowyOw

yowyOw Member

Barça, Barça, Baaaaaarça! How happy I am :grin: . And I come back and find out HOWARD HAS CHOSEN THE NETS. HOW HAPPY I AM :grin: . COME ON PAU, COME TO HOUSTON, WE'LL HAVE OUR TWIN TOWERS, ADD GOOD FA ROLE PLAYERS AND WITH OUR YOUNGS, WE'LL CONTEND THIS SAME YEAR.

HOW HAPPY I AM :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

5. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Radio host for Yahoo Sports radio, in Houston. Funny guy, but he's reading tweets just like us. This isn't inside information or anything.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Not the same thing. We already know everything about these players. There is no unknown here, no mystery. There is only us helping the Lakers get Chris Paul. Huge difference.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sounds like we will keep Patterson, then - because Ingram is always wrong.

8. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Uh...I we give Patterson away thats taking things a little too far. I'm all for the trade but there are 3 guys I think we have to keep. Lowry, Lee, and Patterson.

9. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Why the hell would we give up Patterson if we're not even getting CP3? This is just effin absurd. Why he hell wouldn't we just walk away at this point? I mean I like Pau, but jeez, at some point you gotta just walk away dont you?

10. Seven

I rather keep Patterson, than sign Nene. Actually I don't even want Nene.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Not a single credible source has said anything about Patterson being in the deal.

12. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

So, are we still waiting for league approval or is the trade still being worked on?

13. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Frankly, I'm getting sick of all this speculation. I will be back when things are official.

14. Seven

This is why I call BS on half these reports. I believe that the league wants us to give more...but I refuse to believe that we WILL anything not from the poo poo platter. Hopefully I'm not just in denial.

15. pge71188

pge71188 Member

So are lowry and bud the only ones not moving? :confused:

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Pass the bong bro....

1 person likes this.
  17. buffalobills!!!

WTF is he doing?! Is he on crack?

18. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

@daldridgetnt David Aldridge
    Two things re: D12 trade request: 1) even if he, as Yahoo! reports, wants to go to Nets, NJ offer of Lopez/2 picks DOA. 3rd team imperative.

Early odds Morey tries to jump in on this deal as the 3rd team? Probably even money at this point!!

19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I would add Marcus Morris and teh rights to D Motie. We need to keep our high upside players.

I'd rather not give up buddinger, but would to get this done. I'd obviously add flynn, thabeet, hill, williams. They can have parsons and llull too.

20. cml750

cml750 Member

He is a moderately good player. Why would Orlando take him at a max or near max contract for Dwight. They would be better off to save the cap space and let Dwight walk.