1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If we lose pat,lee,morris and lowry i'm gonna be super pissed

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

It's one thing to be condescending and right.. it's another thing to be condescending and wrong. ALL THE TIME.

Yeah I have been around here for a bit before my newest appearance.. and I am trying to think of a time you have ever been right on here.

I MEAN EVER.

Just saying DD you seem to make blanket statements as fact when the reality is AB, Spanoulis etc etc

Your insight is interesting when it doesn't come off as a pompous know it all.

1 person likes this.
  3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Totally agree cept you cannot be a B+ player in this league unless you can play defense. Would be more like B- in my mind.

4. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

But I would supposed the Rockets would get back some players too...

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

That just isn't true. Players on the All-NBA Second team are elite players.

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

This team is at the point of no return now. They can't let this trade slip away and expect Martin to be happy with this team. It's all in at this point.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix

8. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
    As SI reported last night, Rockets sweetening the @CP3 deal with young players. Unclear who is involved yet.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

CRAP!!! This is what I've been worried about since the talks were "revivied." :-(-

10. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

I thought injured players cannot be traded

- does that mean dragic and patterson stay? or will they delay it until they are fully healthy?

11. Convictedstupid

Other young players? Sure, you can have Hill, williams, thabeet or flynn. No bud/lee/patterson/rookies though.

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I think it's hilarious. It's like the dumb kid that thinks he's clever in grade school.

13. Knetk30

Knetk30 Member

Houston is getting punished because they have so many assets. LA and Boston have no youth to offer so Stern is pillaging the Rockets. The only way this works out is if Stern promises rig to the lottery for Houston next year.

14. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I'll be devastated if Morey ends up forking over Lee, 2Pat, or Morris to the Hornets. Hopefully, TheRealTWill or The Beat will satisfy Stern, that conniving sewer rat.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The NBA & owners are playing hard ball like they did with lockout negotiations. They are trying to take the whole field.

Its getting time for Morey to back out completely, if only to get the NBA to back off their hardline stance. Screw em.

They need the Rockets more than they are leading on to rebuild the Hornets. Its time to drop out of the negotiations and get Kmart/Scola back to camp. If NO/LA/Stern want to give a fair deal, give Morey a call.

16. cod

cod Member

Teams can waive the physical.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm ok if it's Hill or Thabust, otherwise we start getting worse. Although, cap space for Nene is good. I'll wait to see all the details come out.

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's funny - in many ways, I feel like Gasol is the new Yao. Not from an injury standpoint, of course. But he's considered "soft" because of his laid-back demeanor and focus on fundamentals, and he's not a part of the US "club" scene of LeBron/CP3/Melo/Wade, etc., so he doesn't have the element of self-promotion. Somehow, just like Yao, that makes him not tough enough.

19. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

this trade needs to be killed now. Giving up way too much

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

WTF? I thought we needed to be compensated more. So we have to sweeten our offer? Did stern really just nix this trade due to the rockets not being raped enough?