1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I don't know Robbie, sometimes teams that are NOT rebuilding trade top picks.....

DD

2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I knew you would say that.. but Gasol, Odom, and others did get them that championship. I am pretty sure i saw Gasol man handle Dwight at times in the Finals tho....

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Its a very very deep draft.

4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Waste of time arguing perceptions, and opinions....

I think we are giving up a bit too much for a ROBIN type of player......and the direction of our team seems to remain - treading water.

DD

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'm glad Morey is making the decisions and not certain posters who over rate our team because they wear red. Wake up.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

What is taking so long? The longer this takes the less likely we get to sign someone else. Why is the league taking its sweet time approving this?

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yeah, because Under Morey this team has been GREAT every year at the top of the heap, and we have great talent up and down the roster that is developing at a fever pitch.

Oh wait...

DD

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but there aren't any that I know of that are looking to do that for 2012. The only 2012 pick that could possibly move is the Clippers who own Minny's pick. That pick won't even be that amazing with Adelman coaching those guys now. The Clippers don't need a power forward or a 2 guard either.

9. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Paul Gasol may not be as mean of a dog as you want him to be but at this point in the game he is like freakin' Rambo compared to T-Mac and Yao Ming.

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm 100% for any direction other than "go into season with the same players we have now."

And truth be told, I think this team has a lot better chance at being really good with two 7-footers starting on the floor every game than as an undersized team that "tries hard."

11. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

This is a huge reason I don't want him.

I don't think he will complain about being here...but he's known for being mentally and emotionally soft and probably won't play with the same sense of purpose anymore

Night and day contrast to Scola's toughness.

12. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

im losing my patience with this crap

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I was going to go with a "U mad," but decided against because you're right. It doesn't have to do anything with Yao's foot.

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

At the end of the day we all know that big men come at a premium price. We have seen enough marginal 7 footers get sick contracts. It's the price we have to pay to play. No getting around it.

15. Asian Sensation

Can't have a BATMAN without a ROBIN.

16. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I am guessing he didn't make great deals to get Artest, Martin, your favorite Rocket since Hakeem.. Scola. So show some appreciation to what he has done to bring a franchise out of the gutter of two superstar contracts who were as fragile as glass.

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

We have 2 2012 picks - ours goes away if we make the playoffs and we have the knicks pick. Good luck at getting a lotto pick out of that one.

Are you really for throwing away Lowrey, Martin, Scola and whatever else it takes to have a reasonable chance at a top 5 pick? I don't think that even Drummond would be worth that.

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Look, I am ok with the trade, not thrilled by it by any stretch, but I think we are at least equal to last year's roster with it.

Personally, I would rather trade our veterans for draft picks and build through the draft rather than acquire two 30 year old players and try to put up a faux winning record so that Le$ can pretend the team is really that close, when the reality is doing that keeps you miles away.

DD

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Out of the loop the past few hours. Whats the latest on Nene? Any news on whether or not he is holding out for Houston/NJ/ ??

20. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member