1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. supdudes

supdudes Member

Rockets don't run well with Gasol-ine

...just sayin

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Still no word on updated offer I guess... Im getting really impatient here!

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I said in the first hour of this thread that I was OK with the trade if it did not include Lowrey, Martin, Pat or DMo.

Clearing some of the logjam at pf would be great. Lowrey, Martin, TWil, Pau and a real live defensive center who did not require the ball to be effective offensively would be a fabulous lineup. Flynn, Lee, ??, PPat and Hill would be a good bench.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets will not tank. Get used to it.

If we are going to win now, It might make sense for all teams involved to keep Martin on the Rockets.

Again, who wouldn't want to see a Lowry/Martin backcourt with a Pau/Nene frontline?

Tanking would be idiotic If you can set that up. Not to mention you still have Marcus/Patick/Terrence/Jonny to fill in the gaps...

5. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I just don't see how Morey expects to get a superstar here without drafting one. They are all going to be tied into long term deals soon. Getting Pau, who will be unhappy isn't going top get a star.

6. pacmania

pacmania Member

Well, memphis only got Kwame Brown and we're getting Pau Gasol in this deal. The difference between Kwame Brown and Pau Gasol is monumental. Maybe the lakers won't realize what they got till he's gone.

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Oh and to people saying to not pay so much for Nene rox have an amnesty they can use later on if something happens

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure we can't amnesty a newly signed player...

9. AFS

AFS Member

I tend to agree. Stern wants NO to pick up some younger talent, and we certainly have plenty of 2009 talent on the team. We can't just keep picking at the 14th pick every year and stockpile assets and sit on them; we've gotta do something with every piece we've collected. Let Morey pull the trigger so we can have some fun for the next 3 years or so.

Filling up our bench after that won't be too hard to do. We'd have Morris/Twill (depending on who our starting 3 is), Taylor, Flynn, Patterson, and then we'd just need a backup center and we'd be two deep at every position.

10. fattz

fattz Member

with picks from us and LAL going to NO

This seems fair to all sides to me.

just a thought

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

no word yet!?

12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Is that true? I mean after like a year or two

13. AFS

AFS Member

I think amnesty only works for contracts that existed prior to the start of this new CBA. Once Nene signs his new contract, it won't be eligible for amnesty.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Would rather have Nene or Marc even at the higher price. Okafor is useless on the offensive end and overrated defensively.

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Ya exactly! No way should Martin be in the trade. I understand Scola going for Pau but if this were to go through then we need more pieces in this negotiation.
    @pacmania i meant if the Rox let this trade fly then that's whats gonna happen. Most likely give la a better shot at a title once again because there still going to have a ton of money left (for Dwight maybe).

16. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Don't know how this affects the 3 team deal and us getting Gasol.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    As @Daldridgetnt reports, David West close w/ Celtics. Y! Sources say sides working on a sign-and-trade for a 3-year, $27-29M deal.

17. tharges

tharges Member

If the trade goes through are you really sold on Pau? Scola has hustle and heart, i would hate to see all that we are giving up for a guy thats going to be pissed that he is even here and not in LA. We are providing all of the pieces for this trade to happen? People under estimate the value we have in our players and over value others. I dont really see the big differences in play between a Scola and a Pau and the same goes for Lowry and Paul, but people freak out if you even bring that up. Im just up in the air on the whole thing, am i alone in this?

18. HombreDeHierro

Scola has great moves, but he has them because he is a very average, athletically. he compensates with craftiness and his motor.

Pau is a 7 footer, and can block shots. defense is back

19. AFS

AFS Member

I'm sold on him. He might be pissed here, but I think he'll get over it once he sees how good his situation is here. And offensively, Gasol and Scola might be similar, but Gasol would impact this team defensively far more than Scola is able to.

20. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

Well the Hornets are still making moves. Looks like they're getting J. O'Neal in a David West sign-and-trade