1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets jerseys now available...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketeer, Sep 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

I always hated the way the "stripes" didn't lineup properly.

2. DavidS

Ha ha ha!!! Minus 4! Hell yeah!

:D

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like the road jersey more than the home one because of it's red color.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Eh, they're alright. At this point I'm just ready for the season to get started.

5. DavidS

Make your voice heard. Write in, call in (Rocket Front office).

Tell them exactly that: "It's like a slap in the face."

I would love to hear Les's rebut on this issue (AM610).

6. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

davids.. but they are locked into houston for 30 more years...

7. DavidS

Yeah, I do remember about some contract regarding that...

But I'm sure if the fan base waned, Les would find a loophole.

Thirty years is a long time...lots could happen between now and then...
    :p

And, if what you say is true. Then there's no good reason that "Houston" can't be on the front of the jersey.

#147 DavidS, Sep 20, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2003
  8. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

The jerseys look good, very good compared to them nasty, ugly, and awful jerseys they were wearing last season. I like the home jerseys the most and I think they should put Houston on the road jerseys but either way I like them, they didn't screw these up like the last ones.

9. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Maybe their marketing stategy isn't that good. The Astros have 5 or 6 different uni's. Seems like they could put together a home jersey for weekend games that has Houston on it to appeal to more people in Houston and elsewhere. More product, more choices !!

10. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

jeff or someone can confirm this.. but i'm pretty sure as part of the new arena agreement the rockets are locked in here for 30 years....trying to remember back to those saveourrockets days:)

11. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Jerseys are nice but the font will take some getting used to.

Not having Houston on the road uni IS "a slap in the face". I'm all for doing my part to have my hometown represented on the jersey. What do you guys think is the best course of action? Emails, letters, call-in shows, etc? I agree with the poster above who stated that we could probably get this fixed if we're serious about it and persistent. This is truly a disgrace.

Now who's with me?

12. DavidS

Houston Rockets
    2 Greenway Plaza, Suite 400
    Houston, TX 77046

But, I would love to hear Les's "official" view on this issue.

I'm sure we'll hear the "what's good for Rockets (product) is good for Houston (city)" statement.

Heh..

By the way, I'm 50/50 on this issue. I think there's room for compromise. For example. I do like the idea that we have ROCKETS on our Logos, just like all the other teams; Bulls, Knicks, Lakers, etc...

I mean, the Knick logo wouldn't look right with New York on it. It's a KNICK logo. Same with the Rockets.

But as far as the Jerseys. Well, that's a great place to have the cites name plate. I've seen other cites do with both ways.

#152 DavidS, Sep 20, 2003
  13. JamesC

JamesC Member

The jerseys are ok but I'm still not that impressed with them. I wanted to see a little more creativity put into them. Nothing I can really get excited over, but whats done is done.

14. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Actually, on the Steve Francis retro jersey that they wore this past season. the "Houston" is slightly slanted.

15. CRC

CRC Member

For those who can't wait - here is a pic of Yao in the red jersey ;)

[​IMG]

16. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

actually, the word "houston" on the old red/gold jerseys are slanted.. even the "rockets". you might be seeing the champion replicas where they printed it horizontally. i got the authentic olajuwon red/gold jersey and its slanted.. even the steve franchise is slanted. its just the champion replicas which are horizontal/

17. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

Good work, and the home jersey?

18. Houstonrocketss

Eastbay.com has them on sale right now for $169.00 i called the operator and they are indeed for sale and shipping.

By the way anything over a size 48 is $204.00

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The color sceams on the unis are fine with me, but the logo the lettering and the numbering need some more work. I hate to say it, but it's true.

#159 Roc Paint, Sep 20, 2003
  20. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

All in all, I really like the new jerseys. They are a definite improvement over the previous unis.
    And personally, I could care less if they say "Houston" on they front. Everyone knows where the Rockets are from, just as they know where the Lakers are from....and the Celtics....and the Knicks.....and the 76ers........well, you get the point.:D

Besides, after looking at the jerseys on Eastbay (which I am quite sure are Reebok replicas) I would not be surprised if the actual jerseys worn by Steve Francis & Co. will differ slightly.
    Therefore, I will withhold any gripes until I have the real deal in hand. ;)