1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets jerseys now available...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketeer, Sep 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. cjt123

cjt123 Member

yea it does i just checked the pic out man im confused:confused:

2. Just B

Just B Member

Sweet! The day they're available at the store I'm getting both of them!:) (the white and red Francis ones)

3. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

these look an awful lot like the replicas that reebok makes... isnt the matterial supposed to be like the dazzle stuff?

4. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I don't know why some of you are still questioning whether these are the real jerseys. Jeff just told us these are in fact the real jerseys. Dude's not gonna lie.

5. cjt123

cjt123 Member

ok well i love them:D :D :D

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I want to see someone wearing them. To be honest, I think they have too much on them. One silver stripe is enough for me. I like the logo though and these will probably grow on me.

7. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

They may have left "HOUSTON" off of the jerseys to appeal to as broad a fan-base as possible since they are marketing to the Asian base as much as the rest of us.

You know, appeal to as many as possible w/o turning anybody off to your product !!

ROCKETS is much more generic then HOUSTON ROCKETS

8. Houstonrocketss

The lettering in the front is nice but the lettering in the back just does not work well with the style of writing in the front.

Had the lettering in the front been the same it would look sharp.

9. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Exactly why it pisses me off. Screw this generic crap, they need to be specific to who they really represent, not what wallets represent them.

10. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I just hope that the pinstripes will never come back as retro, can everyone take an oath to not wear the old jerseys for the sake of being 'retro cool'?

11. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

For comparison:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The comparison does make them look pretty good.

13. DallasThomas

Ooh ooh ooh ooh! Do one with the home jerseys Mooch!

14. sweetie

sweetie Member

can someone pleeeease post the cuttino pic now. I didnt see it long,and it appeared to have a YELLOW elipse instead of the grey ones here. That was the change. I like these better. I hope the homes are white. I was actually talking to a friend today about the yao ming home bobblehead ironically today,and how I thought it would look stupid with a grey jersey,but the white changes my whole opinion. I wont have a ticket,so I have to get it off ebay for about $100 after the game.also,didnt the chronicle pic last month of yao holding those two bballs appear to have two WIDE red bands at the shoulders,these are much narrow,I like these alot better than those chronicle pics of the overalls looking type.

Jeff, wil the actual uniforms be this wide shoulder type or the narrow type of the old jerseys.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If I had to rate them from 1-10:

Left: 5
    Middle: -4
    Right: 9

16. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Thumbs up. In fact, two thumbs up.

My wife doesn't like it and her friend likes the pajamas. :rolleyes:

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Hmm the old "retro" jersey looks odd i dont recall houston being printed in a slant rather it was horizontal. I still have my Hakeem jersey i bought 11 years ago and its horizontal. I think the word houston was slanted on the warmup jackets but not on the actual jersey.

18. DallasThomas

Yeah, the 2 older jersey pics that he used are replicas, not authentics.

19. codell

codell Contributing Member

I really like the home uniform.

The road uniforms ..........eh .....they are ok. I think the gray rings are too thick.

Someone should email this to Berman, Allen and Rich/Charlie.

20. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Not to nitpick, but I agree with the person who posted on the second page about the numbers: that 3 is just plain ugly. The lettering on the back is ok, but the front lettering is much better. Still, it's better than the dildo pajamas...right?