1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets jerseys now available...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketeer, Sep 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Be sure to let us know when this hat comes out / post a pic on here as soon as you can. I have held off buying a new Rockets hat so far as I've been wating for more variety. I am not asian, but some hates do just look sweet. I look forward to getting one. [/B][/QUOTE]
    yeah, there sure has been some pretty "sweet" "hate" on this board recently;) :cool:

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Whoops. Some hats are pretty sweet. My bad. Sweet or not, hate on.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Just saw these on Eastbay I wonder if this is what the warmups are going to look like:

[​IMG]

4. Timing

Timing Member

Those look a lot better. Too bad you weren't a costume designer for some vampire movies, you could have been a contenda... :)

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Okay. I think somebody mentioned chinese character hats and stuff, and how it is being allegedelly marketed towards asian people.

I just realized that I see more non Asian people sporting Chinese character hats than Asian people.

Just take a look around.

6. blu_monkey

blu_monkey Contributing Member

Some examples of the New Era Dynasty Caps:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    For some reason all I could find were Browns caps! I don't know if this is exactly what the Rox are gonna roll out but it gives you an idea of lids to come. I'll post more examples if I can find em. I think they're pretty cool looking.

blu

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

8. SmeggySmeg

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Asked this a few days ago and am too lazy to look through all the pages for a reply(apologies if already adressed):

Is it possible for reverse-retro jerseys (i.e. old player names on the new threads) to be released? Or does every player have to be signed? Noticed there's a retro Drexler shirt on sale through rockets.com...

10. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

that hat ^ up there says 'dog', why in the hell would a chinese person want to wear a hat that says 'dog' on top? lets just hope the rockets hat doesnt say dildo in chinese. im waiting for the day when russian will be a popular language to wear.

11. blu_monkey

blu_monkey Contributing Member

Cleveland Browns = dogpound

12. SmeggySmeg

doesn't nba.com have some sort of service where you can get whatever name you want on a replica jersey

i know when i was in the nba store in NY a few years back you could get it done then

Anti - if they have the new jersey there next week when i am there i will send you an email

13. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

HELL YEAH!

I need that! It gets cold up here!

14. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Thanks Smeg. :D

Just checked NBA.com and the Rocks aren't among the teams selling the customizable ones yet. Guess they don't have all that many ran off yet.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That's probably because the non-Asians can't really read what it means. I wonder how many people are running around with tattoos or caps that say "I'm a dumbass" :D.

16. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

LOL!!!:D

Not sure that "dumb-ass" is translatable in Chinese. But I'm sure there's an equivalent. ;)

17. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

I know for sure that the flipside of the coin is true. There are things people wear in asia that have really stupid things written on them in english.

Check this site.

18. frankblack

frankblack Contributing Member

I agree that it's time for everyone to quit their whining - it's pretty ridiculous. You people still in a tiff over the "Houston" thing and the Asian marketing thing seriously need to get lives.

Sure - I would've loved to have had "Houston" on the road jersey - would have preferred it - but after the 8 year pajama party, I prob would've been okay if they said "Les's Boys" across the front or "PETA" for all I care - just so I never ever have to see those clown suits again!!! I mean really - that's where your outrage should be. That we had to put up with those old uniforms so long. It's time to pop some champagne and celebrate the end of that era.

so the Rockets are marketing to China - wow - big surprise there. They would have to be just plain STUPID - to not be taking advantage of the attention Yao brings from China. If the marketing dept did nothing to market to China they should all be fired - that's just plain good business sense. Besides - I think the way they've gone about it so far has been tasteful and suttle enough. I don't feel like they're beating people over the head with it or anything.

I just got back in town after being away for a week and I can't believe they don't have their new uniforms unveiled yet - other than the leaks I mean. That picture they have on Rockets.com looks like it was cut and pasted out of one of those video game captures or something. I'm figuring somebody in the Rockets office has got to be chewing some Reebok butt at this point.

I can't wait for the season to get going. Finally we'll be able to read about them daily in the Chronicle instead of reading all these ridiculous threads. I think the new look is sharp. We've got a new look, a new arena, a new coaching staff, a few new role players - it's a whole fresh start. I can't wait to hear Geno's voice calling the games. WOO HOO!!! the wait is OVER!!!

19. Tim

Tim Member

No updates from here that I can give on when the different grades of retail jerseys will be available. We got an update from Reebok via the league on Friday, but they weren't willing to pin anything down.

We're just focusing on trying to get the actual uniforms in, which didn't arrive as promised last week ... they're "in the mail." :rolleyes:

Tim

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Can't believe that you as the Rockets have such little control over the process that you cannot even get a hand on the jerseys. Sorry, but that just sounds kind of pitiful.