1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets involved in trade talk for Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sweetbobl, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Who do you want on the rockets more?

1. Andrew Bynum

605 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. Dwight Howard

412 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

So, say we get DH... Starting 5 would be something like:

C: Howard/Harrelson
    PF: Scola/Motiejunas
    SF: Parsons/White
    SG: Richardson/Lamb
    PG: FA(Sessions or Brooks?)/Machado or Douglas or Livingston

Ya that's a playoff team but it's not gonna get Dwight to stay... Gonna have to follow up moves. Trade for Josh Smith, maybe sign OJ Mayo... Idk

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Forgot about Ish and Fortson at PG, I guess they are other options at backup

3. Olajuwon

Olajuwon New Member

I think i'd go with Bynum over Howard...he seems like a young guy that needs a fresh start, out of the bright lights of LA to flourish and build a team around....maybe's he's had injuries in the past...but his injuries arent as recent as d howard's are....plus he might be more willing to sign here.

4. BriBri07

BriBri07 Member

When 60+ percent vote for Bynum, you know something is seriously wrong on this board...:confused:

5. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

That percentage is actually going down... It was at 61-62%.

6. KingHRockets

KingHRockets Member

I think most people go for Bynum because he said he will re-sign...Howard on the other hand. Obviously Howard is the better player and if we knew for sure that howard would sign a long contract with us the poll would be at 90% in favor of howard.

7. Burko

Burko Member

Can we not rent Dwight and pick up Bynum in free agency?

8. BriBri07

BriBri07 Member

I understand that but the questions was who do you want on the rockets more..

And also did u see the other teams on Bynums list? He basically just stated the teams who r projected to have the most cap room, its not that he wants to be here he wants to get PAID...this is just my opinion but i would just say NO to Bynum, especially since the reports that are coming out about him being displeased about being on the block

He has stated that him resigning with LA is now down to 50-50

Best of Both worlds is to get dwight now try everything we can to support him and be a championship team if he bolts we can SNT to la or just sign Bynum outright next year, because the pieces of supporting a big men will still be there.

This also gives Bynum a chance to prove he can play consistently and play well ..one season is too little for me, ofcourse doing this would take the advantage of paying him more money next year off the table, but thats something i can live by..

9. KOBE

KOBE New Member

Alright I've been scavenging the internet for any Dwight Howard news and landed here.
    As a Laker fan I have 3 points to make:

1. If you end up with Bynum I would highly suggest Sessions. Idk what happens against Westbrook but against every other team he played great and he had great chemistry with Bynum feeding him for dunks.

2. The Rockets will be my 2nd favorite team ever if they help LA get Howard, especially after being in the CP3 trade. I know the trade is good for you too but it's nice to see a front office not let fear of another team dictate their moves.

3. I assume Bynum is only leading the poll because he has a better chance of re-signing? I was very surprised by this. I wonder if I severely underrate Bynum being annoyed by all the little annoying stuff he does...

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Jesus, you take Howard every time. Why make the Lakers better?

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

^ End of debate.

Now lets just wait for updates.

12. KingHRockets

KingHRockets Member

Only problem is there is no guarantee he will sign with us in the summer...we are not the only team on his list; the other teams could make a more compelling offer and hell he could just resign with LA (one nba season is a long time to change someones mind).
    I just don't want dwight's drama (will he or won't he resign) for the entire season and then try to sign bynum if he leaves (we haven't been getting much luck trying to sign free agents).
    Talent wise howard > bynum
    More likely to stay a rocket bynum > howard

13. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Shaq is Dwight and K.Malone is Bynum.

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Say yes to Bynum who is only 24, his teammates love him. You lose a few games, but you will win a ton more. When Kobe was out, Bynum dominated the Spurs. Talent and size can't be taught, maturity can.

16. BriBri07

BriBri07 Member

It doesent matter weather maturity can be taught or not, its about the players willingness to learn and listen, and from every report ive heard of bynum so far in his career, its that hes doesent have the top notch work ethic which is why iam very skeptical that he would even reach his top potential, or even come close..and thats what we would need for him to reach Dwights level of dominance..

Like i said in previous posts the only way i wouldnt be disappointed of getting bynum is if we dont get back any bad contracts from orl because if we did acquire howard iam sure j-rich would have to be included at the very least..

17. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Bynum may never reach his potential, but as of right now as is he is the 2nd best center in the league. I'll take it. As long as we don't give up to much I think its a win-win situation with either Howard or Bynum.

18. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Dic rocket: I thought we'd all be happy on draft night. U know, Happy like kids going to Disney_______. (Cal & Fla? Sorry, couldn't resist the joke :)

Interesting ... La and Orlando ...wonder if the deal is done

19. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

I'd rather have Bynum, since it's been reported he would consider staying long term.

If Howard would say that (and mean it) then I would rather have him.

I believe it when I see it as far as getting either of them...

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This d12 drama will all end today once brook Lopez signs his new deal so hurry up brook and sign already