1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets involved in trade talk for Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sweetbobl, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Who do you want on the rockets more?

1. Andrew Bynum

605 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. Dwight Howard

412 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. Rudy

Rudy Member

In fact, the tracker is already on ESPN SportsCenter.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

BS BS BS

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Alex Kennedy says, Orlando didn't like any of the offers on the table, it sounds like the will hold on to DH for now. They're in no rush to make a move.

5. Relentless

Relentless Member

Thanks for the reply captain obvious

6. Sman2k10

Sman2k10 Member

anytime we try to get a three team deal with the lakers, there seems to be interference. First it was for basketball reasons, now it is to focus on the "coaching search"

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My guess is that they are hoping they can get Dwight to agree yo a long term deal in Houston, LA or ATL so they can extract more from those teams.

8. dram1

dram1 Member

Obviously....somebody is playing hardball and my guess is it's Morey and all his picks and assets. He knows how valuable D12 is, but will not give up everything for him. I would rather just walk away from this all together and see what we have in the rookies. We can always go after Bynum in free agency next year and not give up anything. I think this is Orlando trying to pull out to see if Hou/LA come back to beg. Everyone seems to think that Houston is going to give up everything in the cubbard for Dwight and I don't think Morey will do that, but I think that Orlando wants it all and take back those albatross contracts. With LA involved, Rox would get Bynum, and I don't think Morey is willing to give up enough to get him here. My preference is stay pat. See what's in these rookies. I think they will surprise us.

1 person likes this.
  9. thejav

thejav Member

Kinda glad it didn't happen.. really excited to see what our young guys can do.. especially Dmo,lamb and white...

10. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Tony Mejia: Sense of urgency to deal Dwight, at least on Hennigan's part, was always overblown. I do believe he's played his last game for #Magic 2 minutes ago

11. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

haha. Repped.

This whole thing has been a waste of time. The magic will suck forever.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

The Magic have no way of improving their team. They have bad contracts, a disinterested star, and no young talent. There is NO WAY the MAGIC can compete with Chicago or Miami over the next 5 years.

I think they are trying get more out of Houston, and Morey isn't budging.

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

They are just repeating the original poopsworld tweet.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Offers from Brooklyn, that is.

The Rockets and Lakers are very much alive.

Neither party has as much of a reason to move quickly now, though.

15. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

# 2 isn't going to work unless DH12 signs an extension. I just can't imaging the Rockets giving away all of their picks and assets for a 1/2 year rental. At least last year at the trade deadline it would have been more focused on established players with some young prospects.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

But it's like a girl's first time. Once i experience our rookies, i may get too attached, and it'll break my heart if they leave.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Seems clear they are trying to create leverage on Morey since they lost quite a bit of leverage when the Nets pulled out.

1 person likes this.
  18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

sounds like since BKN is out of it ESPN is reporting everything dead and now a coach

looking for a coach makes no sense has nothing to do with dwight and future direction - if anything should have done that before the draft to make deals for young players and all that the coach would like or can coach etc

guessing magic tired of BKN
    still trying to use this as another way to get more out of LAL or Hou since they cant use BKN as leverage anymore

everyone - even teams not involved want this done sooner than later since the rest of the free agency is sort of dependent on this first big domino falling

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's a strategy to raise the offers. It is BS. Orlando, quit bein' greedy. Dwight is gone, don't let good offers slip away as well...

20. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I hope that the Magic don't steal our rookies after they get to see them in the summer league.:mad: