1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Iman Shumpert

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Keep in mind also as far as another reason why Rockets would be interested in Shumpert -- D'Antoni was the coach of the Knicks when they drafted him. He loved his potential. Didn't quite get a full season with him.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The only reason I could think is if Morey and Les wanna go all in with this roster. I mean, they do have the 4th best record in the league and the only team that really stands in their way is the Warriors. The clock is ticking on the Cavs given LeBron's age and the mileage on his body(plus Love is breaking down) and the Spurs have quite a few old dudes themselves. Adding Shumpert and Williams without sacrificing Bev would be incredible. Yes, you're still thin in the frontcourt, but so is Golden State after they sacrificed so much depth to make room for Durant.

mightybosstone likes this.
  3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Another angle on this Shumpert deal (and I know that this is me dreaming)...

Let's say you get the Cavs on board...Ennis and KJ along with some small asset for Shumpert. Huge tax savings for Cavs.

Then you call Indy. With the pronouncement that George may leave for LA, other teams are scared off. You offer up your best, cross your fingers, and see if they bite. You've got the depth across the board to sustain sending out multiple rotation pieces.

Vivi likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Gordon is from Indianapolis btw...means nothing, but just saying :/

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

lebron for ryno confirmed?

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yep. Shump was going to be the next Raja Bell for MDA. Never hear Mike raving about KJ like that.

7. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

I don't know why anyone would want shumpert. He is literally a downgrade in talent, contract, and capspace. Next season he'll be making almost $12 million.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd love to hear a rumor linking us to somebody over 6'8... jus sayin...

RocketWalta, sammy, Nemospl and 6 others like this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Have you considered subscribing to basketballholic's newsletter. Plenty of rumors of Bigs in there, Yule C.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Shumpert is Corey Brewer. I don't get the hysteria and then to include Bev for him? Crazy talk. Rather give the minutes to Sammy D. What this team needs is athletic size inside that can rebound.

11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

This was a smoke screen to slowdown the cavs trade deadline deals.
    **no sources**

12. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Lakers will offer the Rockets first and probably picks of there's as well. Don't see Paul George as being a reality for Houston.

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Wait a minute...subscribe? you're saying there are people that actually request hearing what he has to say? That's pretty disturbing...

saleem and DonKnock like this.
  14. Rocket_Man_2.0

Iman shumpert sucks! He's Corey Brewer with a flat top...that's why Cavs wanna get rid of him! Do we really want this guy on our team?!

D-rock likes this.
  15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I don't think he would pass the physical after that series of seizure dabs:eek:

D-rock likes this.
  16. varughese.arun

DONT DO it... Especially if cavs are asking for Dekker/Harrell/Chin/KJ along w Beverly. BEV is solid in or rotation. Can't make am adjustment TO THE STARTING LINE UP when you're 3rd in the league.
    P.Beverly is championship material, we all know damn well LeBron would love to have Bev. 2nd string. Bev. is more valuable now days

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like him even more after that. :D Just not for Bev straight up.

18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

[​IMG]

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  19. StrawberryJamm

If that's what they want it'd be alot cheaper to just pay a barber to give KJ a flat top.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

I thought that was the Rubio Hall of Honor Letter