1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Corey Brewer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Nov 16, 2014.

1. baubo

baubo Member

Not enough Clippers?

2. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Don't know why the game plan is for pick and roll with d-mo today but it isn't working

3. Chamillionaire

Blake, CP3, DJ, Hawes, and Crawford I'm assuming are off the table.

That leaves basically JJRedick and Bullock as attractive pieces for us in my opinion. Don't want Hedo or Baby.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

brewer fits what we are doing this year:

1) Another player from the Mavs championship team.

2) Adds defense and fast breaks

Give them the future second rounders from the Kings, cut black, and absorb Brewer into the Lin TPE. Then send Dorsey with a future second rounder to the Sixers (they'll do anything for draft picks), and sign JO.

dwight-JO-capela
    jones-papa-dmo
    ariza-brewer-garcia
    harden-terry-daniels
    beverley-canaan-johnson

1 person likes this.
  5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Member

Scoring over 50 on us helps to gain interest...

6. baubo

baubo Member

If I'm not mistaken, the Clippers are currently right at the Apron. So they'll have to send significant salary somewhere to get Brewer. Crawford almost has to be in it. Maybe just Matt Barnes and stuff would also work. But overall cap maneuverability for the Clippers is very low.

7. pbthunder

pbthunder Member

Makes it easier to trade Terry.

8. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Llull could give harden some rest and run the point of injuries happen, Turiaf and Dieng are quality big men if we get either one. Only flaw is Papa isn't big enough to bang with the 4s. But an added bonus to the team is the playmaking ability of Ricky Rubio. Allowing harden to make cuts and spot up can give this team so many more threats offensively. Plus Rubio is a solid on ball defender as well. The third star could still come into play imo. Just our bench would still be stacked.

9. Andrew Wiggins

Clippers always seem to chase any SF that suddenly becomes available. Except this time he is not a FA, and they have nothing to give.

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

My bad LOL

I meant Crawford to the Rockets.

Clippers need a swingman bad.

11. mario_v

mario_v Member

Don't know if this has been mentioned but maybe that's why cannan didn't play tonight, cause he's getting traded for brewer.

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

IMO Mario has a point. Canaan had surely been playing well enough to warrant rotation minutes?

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

He is the backup PG
    Team was struggling from 3

It really makes no sense for him not to get playing time.....something's up

14. count_dough-ku

I think McHale is just stubborn and hates playing young guys over veterans. Which is fine if the veterans are producing out there. What I don't like is when a scrub like Cisco is getting 13 minutes in each of the last 2 games while Daniels gets almost none and Canaan can't even get off the bench tonight.

15. saleem

saleem Member

McHale's preference for Cisco and Bev's welcome return made him "forget" about Canaan.

I too doubt if he is getting traded for Corey Brewer.

16. count_dough-ku

Which is beyond stupid. Bev returning means that Terry should move over to the backup 2 behind Harden and Canaan becomes the primary backup to Bev. How hard is that to figure out?

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

That was never the case, though. When Bev was healthy the first 2 games, Terry backed him while Canaan got no burn until garbage minutes. I don't understand McHale's logic on that point, but it seems like that's his plan.

18. count_dough-ku

Canaan played in Miami when Bev suited up. He was great in that game too, including hitting a key 3-pointer in the 4th.

McHale needs to get over his aversion to playing young guys. Daniels has had issues this season, I won't deny that. But Canaan has more than earned a spot in the rotation.

19. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Don't we own Minnesota's second?

20. Chamillionaire

They aren't trading Crawford.