1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Corey Brewer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Nov 16, 2014.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't see how brewer offers anything better than pj tucker, gerald green, or marcus morris

2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

This.

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We're going to play Brewer because he's a slasher, can defend, and is good in transition. Will spell Ariza and Harden. Papa has to play the back-up 4 position.

4. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

They have a perfect mix of offense and defense in their starting 5. The bench is a little depleted but look for guys like Ray Allen and Jermaine O'Neal to sign there. Playoff time your starters play like 40 min a game. Dallas is scary good but one thing I must say is that we match up very well with them come playoff time. If Ariza is able to shut down Parsons the way Batum did, I think we beat them in 6 games if we face each other in the playoffs. And that is with our current roster. I'm sure Morey will upgrade the bench somehow.

5. Harden4heisman

Brewer offers us a backup for Ariza so he dosnt have to play 40 minutes a night and by the time the playoffs come around he hasn't played the most minutes in the league. Hes an excellent defender, which in case we haven't realized is our M.O. this year, so he provides another stopper while Ariza has to rest. And while he is not a big time scorer off the bench he has the ability to slash to the basket and finish and hit corner 3's. Which is exactly how we play offense. He fits perfect with this team that is 19-6 and still hasn't played a full game with everybody healthy since basically the 4th game. I think we will make another move before the deadline but he definitely is useful to this team.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I will gladly take Brewer. This team needed another big guard with adequate handles to give Harden and Ariza a breather or in case of an injury.

7. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

The defense of their starters will be about where our starters' defense was last year. They've got two good defenders, and three questionable defenders. The offense should be very good though.

Ray Allen and Rondo pretty much hate each other.

8. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I agree. I thought we were one of the best teams in the NBA last year too. But we got exposed bad. I think Dallas will too, but who knows...the "X-factor" is Carlisle.

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Been running Ariza into the ground... He's probably too much of team guy to say anything, but it's become evident on the offensive side of the court.

Brewer will provide much needed depth.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Ditto

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

NO! THIS! :grin:

12. Raven

Raven Member

The pre deadline for flipping a player at the real deadline was yesterday, correct?

13. Mattician

Mattician Member

Today.

14. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

If Tyson Chandler goes down, they are screwed anyway with or without Rondo. That team is badly in need of defense and TC is their only starting player who can defend well. Not sure how much Rondo has left on the defensive end.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No doubt that this is true, but Rondo can instil a defensive culture on the team I admit.
    I still don't think this will be enough to make them a championship team though.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For those asking: Last I heard 3-4 teams -- Hous, Cle, Clip, Heat - still trolling for Corey. Flips has waited for a 1st. Will he get it?</p>&mdash; Jerry Zgoda (@JerryZgoda) <a href="https://twitter.com/JerryZgoda/status/545955714888658945">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

So some are calling a Brewer garbage? A player who could give Ariza some rest when he is playing a ridiculous amount of minutes, and cover SF at a high level defensively. A player leading the league in steals is garbage. Hmmmmm...Right!

18. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Lol at trading a first for Brewer... not gonna happen, Flip

19. Play07

Play07 Member

MOREY JUST GET BASS. if Cuban could get rondo for those picks, any 2nd should get BASS

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

This is true. You have three positions on that team that does not play defense; Monta Ellis (two guard), Dirk (power forward), and Chandler Parson (small forward). Also, this is going to deter from their strong point - offense!

To be a Championship team, you have to be strong defensively and above average offensively. They are comparing this team with their Championship team BUT the biggest difference I see, is J Kidd could hit the three....Rondo can't