1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Corey Brewer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Nov 16, 2014.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It is looking more and more like an assistant GM of the Wolves called up Stein with false information to attempt to drum up interest so that they can dump Brewers terrible contract.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

When the insiders said a trade would happen within ten days, they meant days on the planet Mercury, which equal 58 Earth days, because Mercury is closest to the SUN, i.e. Phoenix Suns, and "Goran" has 5 letters, and "come back" has 8 letters. 5 + 8 = 58, 58 days of Earth = 1 Mercury day = 1 day "Goran" will step away from the SUNs and "come back."

3. beardsanity713

this guy had a good trade offer on bleacherreport.. the best ive seen so

Daniels, Capela, and a pick for Brewer and Truiaf

4. bongman

bongman Member

FYI, Troy cant be traded till Dec 15

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

That is a terrible trade. Why would we give up Capela for a rental?

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't see much use for Brewer outside of a replacement for Papa if his salary is needed to facilitate a larger move.

I am not nearly as high on Papa, as most here are, in fact I think outside of looking fancy, he has actually been pretty terrible. However, he has his uses in that there is no one else to play those minutes and his defensive numbers have been quite good.

The reality is that if the Rockets pull off a major deal to bring in a decent talent/contract (which seems to be the plan), Kosta's contract probably has to be a part of that deal, simply due to the CBA rules. In such a scenario, Brewer would fill in nicely in his place in the rotation.

Furthermore, I am not in love with using the TPE to absorb Brewer, as I feel like it has better uses down the road, perhaps for absorbing a bad contract in a bigger deal that brings a better talent. Without the use of the TPE, it is actually quite difficult to come up with the ~3m needed to send out to make it a legal trade. Unless we can still move the Adrien contract, we would have to send out atleast 3 guys, some of which may be contributors.

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

it's statements like these that keep me from taking you seriously.

He's looked terrible? He's been our best post passer. Spaces the floor well and plays very good d. He's had problems adjusting to the 3 point line so far but given that it's been a solid 10 games, I'm having trouble faulting him for that. The worst thing you can say about him is that the past 2 games he's been tentative and not shot when he should. That is easily correctable.

And for someone who tries to act like they understand basketball, you should have noticed that McHale is still screwing up his rotations pretty badly and not putting Papa in situations that accent his talents.

8. NotChandlerParsons

I don't really understand why the Wolves keep trying to dump these 1-3 year contracts they have. They're the friggin' Timberwolves, not like they're gonna do anything useful with the cap space anyway.

9. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Thank you. I can see Pap turning into a really talented NBA player. No need to give that up so soon. Even if that was Morey's plan originally

10. larsv8

The worst you can say about him is that his true shooting percentage is 37% and he is shooting 4 threes a game at 30%. He is turning the ball over on nearly a quarter of his possessions and his PER is 7. While his defense has been great, offensively he has been horrible. He has the fourth worst offensive rating on the team, the second worst amongst rotation guys (Only behind Garcia).

I am sorry, but he simply has not been a good player, no matter how good his "post passing" has been.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Didn't the Rockets have him before? And he sat on the bench his whole tenure here?

12. larsv8

I think you are thinking of Ronnie Brewer.

1 person likes this.
  13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

that was RONNIE brewer

1 person likes this.
  14. studogg

so you've left now room in your formula for a rookie developing?

shameful use of statistics which gives data analysis a bad name.

15. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

The worst thing you can say about Papanikolaou is that he's shooting 27% from the field, and has the 3rd most turnovers on the team.

He looks like he has potential, but he actually kind of sucks right now.

16. daytripper

daytripper Member

I think it has more to do with the fact they want to play their baby wings (Wiggins, Shabbazz, Lavine and GR3). Brewer and Bud are just in the way.

I'd be pretty shocked if Morey is willing to accept Brewer with the player option esp considering Fegan is his agent. Don't need another offseason at the mercy of Dan Fegan.

17. studogg

two accounts larsv8.... ugh

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Papsmear needs some seasoning. But I'm not sure this team can afford to be patient with him.

Personally, I would because he has show some good skill and craftiness as a player.

I think the shot will improve.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Brewer would be an upgrade over Garcia, and even Terry. But Rockets still need a backup 5 because Black and Dorsey are the weak links on this team. Once those 2 are off the team, bring back Adrien for a real defensive stopper at the 4 (and not a complete offensive liability to boot).

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Season is only 10 games in man. And he is a rook coming from overseas. Patience grasshopper.