1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Interested In a Trade for Marcin Gortat + Paul Millsap Their Top Target?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

"The Phoenix Suns are going nowhere fast and they are actively looking at ways to right their ship. The Suns have talked to Memphis regarding Rudy Gay, and there have been several teams calling the Suns regarding Marcin Gortat.

The Suns look like a team that’s going to make a move before the deadline. The question becomes how much change do they make and how much salary will they take on.

Jared Dudley has been mentioned a few times in connection with the Memphis deal and there is more than a passing interest in Gortat on the part of the Houston Rockets.

Phoenix has some chips to play and in roughly 30 days they are likely going to play them.

The NBA Trade Deadline is February 21st at 3pm EST, so expect a lot more chatter in the days and weeks leading up to it."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-nba-trade-market-update/

Via twitter:

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

RT @jopatmc1967: How well do you trust your source on the Rox and Gortat? --> They are looking for Rebounding & a lowpost threat

RT @jopatmc1967: --> Houston has been active, but not in a desperate way. If they can get their guy they will pull the trigger

RT @jopatmc1967: How well do you trust your source ---> If I print it, I trust it... that said everything in the NBA is fluid until done

RT @jopatmc1967: ---> I wouldn't say anything is close on the trade front. Teams are just getting serious so lots of talk right now

RT @cdhthegreat: ---> @Jopatmc1967 was asking about my NBA AM report today ---

RT @lexthepex: If the Rockets have interest in Gortat does that mean Asik can be had for the right price? ---> No. They want more rebounding

RT @jopatmc1967: who is the better player, Asik or Gortat? ---> For my money, Gortat, because he has more offensive game.

RT @adamkoscielak: Also possible to play them alongside each other. ---> especially against big teams like the Lakers and Memphis

RT @jj13az: I'd pull trigger on Parsons, Patterson, Montiejunas ---> that's WAY too much value for Gortat by the way.

RT @elchosenjuan94: what are the suns looking for before the trade deadline? ---> something that gives them a future.

RT @jzslowboogie: so what are the chances Rockets get Millsap? ---> I have been told he's their top target.

1 person likes this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If Hoopsworld says so, it means the Rockets have zero interest in Gortat (or, in fact, even the act if rebounding itself) and Millsap is their bottom fallback target.

1 person likes this.
  3. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

jopat lives!

4. YourSecretLover

lol hoopsworld the site that makes $hit up. no credibility whatsoever

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I called Millsap

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I believe he's their top target... but very cheaply. You don't overpay for a FA, even if you feel good about resigning him.

Not sure what would be going out in packages, but adding both Gortat and Millsap to Harden and Lin would be a pretty formidable 4 some.

Clearly STILL missing another all-star type, but a good group of 1 really really great player and 3 just below all-star level guys.

7. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Hoopsworld...

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

These are just rumors. I know its Hoopsworld but hey, its an interesting topic of conversation.

Suns shopping Gortat or trying to blow that team up to go on a direction similar to ours makes so much sense.

I'd trade Asik straight up for Gortat by the way.

9. Grigori

Grigori Member

If Hoopsworld says so, then that probably means that their writers have been reading CF and noticed that there is a lot of fan interest in King 'Tat and Little 'Sap.

10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Hoopsworld Hoopwsworld Hoopsworld POOPSworld.. If you don't trust the source then ignore the thread instead of spamming it with "Hoopsworld". LOL

11. rawool

rawool Member

IB4L

Millsap would be nice though.

12. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I wouldn't

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, I was half joking about it. Can see how Millsap makes sense. Even Gortat at the right (fire sale) price.

Disagree about Asik for Gortat, though. Asik is a keeper unless you get a real star. Gortat does not give you elite level rebounding and rim protection.

15. Grigori

Grigori Member

Personally, I wouldn't mind Gortat at the 4, but Millsap I will pass.

16. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Nope. Save it for a healthy K-Love.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6951244&postcount=1

[RQUOTER]I just want to go over a couple things that seem to be happening a little bit lately, with so many eyeballs on the site (traffic is through the roof).

- Please do not create threads for random posts from twitter accounts that are not credible -- MySportsLegion, some of the Hoopsworld and other random sports twitter accounts qualify here. I have NO idea of their credibility, but they usually parrot things from credible outlets. There are several twitter accounts that people pass along (or worse: promote) like this. Need to prove something more before that is accepted here as news.

- If a user creates a thread to post fake news, they'll either lose their thread starting ability or be tossed.[/RQUOTER]

Is Steve Kyler one of the good ones?

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Gortat can finish off pick and rolls, can post up, and has a decent mid range jumper.

Not saying we have to but if given a choice, i would. If we can have both then good. More size + assets for a deal that would help us land another star.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Asik + Gortat would be nice. Have to keep Harden, Lin, Parsons (and Asik) though, which kind of limits our ability to make a trade. If they were to take anyone outside of those four plus one pick and cash, I'd pull the trigger.

I mean, Gortat already demanded a trade a few times, didn't he? And wasn't he our main free agent target last year or so?