1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets intend to keep Lawson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jan 22, 2016.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lawson and Smith off the bench is ridiculous fire power. Hopefully Ty doesn't demand a bigger role elsewhere.

2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I bet that's exactly what Smith is telling Lawson to do as well as leading by example on the court

3. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

When is the last time we made a deadline trade that was predicted? If Smith can hold down the 4, Capela goes back behind Howard where he belongs. We're basically starting a brand new season. Lawson's DUI fiasco is behind him, so maybe he can focus on just basketball. It would definitely be easier for him to find his own confidence on a confident team. Let's keep him.

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Idk about ya'll but I want Ty Lawson to stay here, given his inconsitency here so far aside, if he's on his game could benefit us.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The proverbial light bulb went off in Ty's head. Why move him now, unless Morey gets a ridiculous offer?

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

If he keeps progressing like he has the last few games, then by the playoffs the Rockets will be a hell of a lot better than their record. On a side note I think it'll be great if the Rockets beat the Clips again in the playoffs... Haha, Morey and co should send a big thank you card to Doc. I really believe Smith has sparked the whole team and with Lawson moving passed the DUI stuff he'll be in a better place and able to focus on bball.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

He's shot 53% from the field and 40% from 3 since coming back from the first suspension (12/23). Also, his minutes have increased and become more predictable recently.

The main difference I've seen is he's attacking the rim. He's still a little timid shooting the 3 (even when he's open) but he's not being passive any more. Every game he looks more like the guy we thought we were getting in August.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Still waiting for the statement game of 15/10. Either way, he has to stay.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

his role on this team won't allow him to get those kind of numbers

10. seeingred

seeingred Member

forget the assists - I just want him to start shooting. Ty has to see Brewer and Smooth hoisting up 3 after 3. No one is yelling at them. Shoot brother, shoot. Shoot the 3, drive and shoot the mid range jumper, go for the layup. Blocks and bricks don't matter just shoot.

1 person likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Keeping him because he's finally turned the corner. This team just needs to keep on keepin' on until the playoffs. The gel has time to form, the chemistry has time to work it's magic, and this team knows how to play well. The rest of our games are practice for the playoffs as far as I'm concerned.

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Never underestimate the IDIOCY of the NBA..

T_Man

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's never been his primary instinct though as a pure pg. he's certainly capable but that's just not what clicks first as he plays more based on what the defense is giving him and the players around

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

+11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

15. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Defensively from both a size and hustle perspective he is outright bad most of the time. If Ty isn't absolute dynamite on the offensive end, he's not worth playing.

16. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I'm not sure if he can play NBA still

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

man I'd rather have Toney Douglas

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

this, watching him on defense is actually sad, he's actually worse than Harden imo because Harden has the size, he really has no tools and just gets killed by everyone.

19. MistaK

MistaK Member

Not true! He doesn't have to be solute dynamite on the offensive end. All he has to do is go out there and play his brand of basketball. Take the open shot (3 or midrange), attack the paint and take the layup or kick it out and run the offense. This will open up the floor for everyone else.

He doesn't have to be scorching hot from the field - just don't be timid!

He has been playing rather well for quite a while now. Hope he keeps it up and keeps improving game by game. Lawson and Smith are the only guys, other than Harden, who can facilitate for others.

If they do what they are supposed to do, this team can be very dangerous. It will make the offense more unpredictable, will take pressure off Harden and will create better looks for everyone on the floor.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

nobody on this team is worse than harden defensively