1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets in talk with league about DMO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by No Chance, Dec 12, 2016.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I just want to know if this is all posturing or Dmo's back is f'ed and I can just forget about him. I still have a glimmer of hope he can still play at a relatively healthy level.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Euellsie

Shroopy2 likes this.
  3. Raz

Raz Member

He's already paying $110M for the worst team in the West.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jeez I hope not Josh Smith is god awful now.

DD

5. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

I'd take Bogut for him in a heartbeat.

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

No alt-right racists, please. Bogut should play for The Jazz.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Another day another day of no real info and rampant speculation

Bobbythegreat and DudeWah like this.
  8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

9. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

I guess they're all waiting for Thursday.

10. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

The Rockets organization, who had DMo under contract for the LAST 4 YEARS and having gone through what happened with Detroit, should know DMo's condition more than anyone in this world. If they were uncomfortable about DMo's condition in the first place, they should just have let him go to the Nets.

If DMo can truly play, it would really suck for DMo to have his chance of earning 9M this year taken away from him.

(Of course, if DMo and BJ intentionally secretly held some critical information about his health away from the Rockets, then they have only themselves to blame.)

The question is, if DMo is truly fit to handle 25 minutes a game now, should the Rockets just gives DMo a chance? The physical is just a test, and the real exam is DMo's performance on the court. I mean, they can still refuse his player option after this season. Wouldn't this be a more humanistic approach to manage players?

#450 HighlightReel, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Kiddsir likes this.
  11. opticon

opticon Member

In fairness to the Rockets, the Nets are approximately 9 million under the salary floor so they had to spend the money or else it just gets split between all the players on the roster at the end of the season.

It is literally costing the Nets nothing to take a flyer on Dmo. The Rockets on the other hand have to tie up cap space to take take that same look at Dmo.

roslolian, Batman Jones and Why not? like this.
  12. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

still, the Rockets didn't have to put themselves in this situation. With Dekker and Harrell playing so well, the Rockets also probably knows DMo might not have a chance to play many minutes.

Is it fair to say the Rockets is seriously hindering DMo's career?

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

No, it is the opposite of fair to say that.

D-Mo was in our plans this year. Every single word Morey or D'Antoni has said on the matter was the same: they wanted him back.

The Rockets didn't "put themselves in this situation." The situation is RFA, period. BJ rejects the rules of RFA and alludes to some mysterious "rights" he says he knows they have. He's wrong; they don't. BJ (and D-Mo by listening to him) has created this situation. The Rockets have only done what any other team that wants a RFA back would do and in fact they've gone well above and beyond what any team would normally do to try to make it work.

You're entitled to read into this situation in any way you please but I'm entitled to tell you your opinion is the opposite of the truth.

Deuce, Rashmon, roslolian and 4 others like this.
  14. Remlap

Remlap Member

It would be a $9Mil 'Test' by putting him on the court.
    Are you willing to pony up $100,000 of it just to see how he does?

15. BackdoorHarden

someone make DMO Threads stop.

Any DMO STOP THREADS .GIF?

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

Bogut isn't racist. He's just forthright and doesn't suffer fools easily. The US media taken a few things he's said out of context.

kwakmeister likes this.
  17. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Well , if I own a franchise that worths as much as two billion and is really profitable, then might as well, right?
    You see, that 9m is above the cap but not over the luxury tax line. It adds to the payroll but is a reasonable room to use to improve the team.

Just can't believe you guys become so hostile when I'm just offering a perspective that's closer to the player than to the GM. Yeah, BJ had been terrible, and Dmo seems to be screwed. Morey has generally been a great GM, but just feels he can still create a win win for players and organization while managing his assets. It just seems that this situation could have been handled quicker and with less troubles...

18. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Well, BJ wanted to test the CBA RFA Rules... The League probably called their 'bluff'. Now they're stuck between the $31M 'matched' offer... or oblivion. (well, not really, but since the nba stepped in, pretty sure they'll make the parties involved in 'trying' to break the rules, pay)

Batman Jones likes this.
  19. tc0330

tc0330 Member

what if Rockets/Nets trying to make a big trade that includes Dmo so they have to get approval from the league first?

20. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So are you saying RFA is dirty business?

;)

I'm mostly impressed with how in sync this roster is. Everyone knows his role, and plays it well. It'll be interesting to see how this whole thing comes to a conclusion, because I just don't really see how he fits at this point.

Rashmon and heypartner like this.