1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets hoping to keep Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

And this is why we MUST sign DMo. Anderson and DMo will be insurance for each other. Hopefully when one is injured, the other will be healthy. It's a plan.

2. dmoneybangbang

DMo's back issue will be a maintenance thing...... Like JJ Reddick he will miss time periodically. It's just very concerning that he's still not 100% after all this time. Do you understand?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If our bigs rotation is DMo, Anderson and Capella, with DMo and Anderson playing some together, it will give Harden space and shooters.

I am not bothered it takes about a year to get fully recovered, it has been a year, and maintenence is a good thing, lots of players have to do that, so not concerned at all - which is why he is going to get paid, just like Anderson, and Dwight and many other players that have had that simple procedure.....do you understand?

DD

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

or they could both be out for some time.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What does "main pf" mean, Dantoni?

6. dmoneybangbang

LOL. You are very bothered by it.... You weren't too happy when the Rocket's weren't playing him when he returned.

But Anderson and Dwight are currently "healthy".....

Do you understand?

I am not saying DMo won't get a contract.... But the Rockets should not pay DMo 4 year/80 mil.

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Isn't that like average now?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Meh, why not? He's younger and better overall than the guy that they just threw 4 years and 80 mil to. Might as well burn the rest of that cap space.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

D-Mo is about to get paid more than James Harden lol

10. dmoneybangbang

Look.... We don't know the full extent of DMo's back injury. DMo has only been better than Anderson for about half a NBA season his entire 4 year NBA career. Some of you folks act like it is guaranteed that DMo returns to that form and if that was consensus around the league then he would be signed already.

I am not surprised we got Anderson, which doesn't necessarily exclude DMo or Horford but simply makes it far less likely. Anderson's injury history isn't stemming from one issue like DMo, but is some random things like missing time when his gf committed suicide to a collision requiring him to taken out on a stretcher to normal NBA injuries.

If this contract does not have a team option on the last year then we will certainly regret this. Otherwise, he reluctantly fits with what the Rockets are trying to run. Defensively, hopefully we can hide him for about 30-32 minutes per game.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

BWHAHAHA what I tell yall. And as usual Bobby starts it off.

Let the battle begins.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You have to understand Bobby is Dmo's biggest supporter. So of course he's going to say Dmo is better than Anderson. We could bring in Blake Griffin and this man will still say Dmo is better.

Bwhahaha real talk.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It won't be a battle, Anderson is the starter and hopefully DMo's offer isn't matched so he can get off the sinking ship.

14. Mr. Clutch

How many meetings has DMo had?

15. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

i think he goes to the Raptors..they met with Ryno too

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

LOL.

Of course Ryan is 'injury-prone' to the DMo boosters, even though I can't recall him ever having a trade rescinded due to injury concerns like Donatas.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Now that they paid Anderson & broken-everything Gordon, I hope they pay Broken Back. It's only right he gets his money.

18. Damion Laverne

Brokeback Rockets? lol :grin::grin::grin:

19. Mr. Clutch

I am going to underline my post to make it clear that I think we should have signed the other injury prone PF.

20. Damion Laverne

One freak injury vs. recurring back issues. LOL you're taking the games missed out of context, DD.