1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets hoping to keep Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 23, 2016.

1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I've admittedly been lower on D-Mo than most, but I think if you can hold onto him for reasonable money this summer, you have to roll the dice keep him. His game is unlikely to improve by a massive jump, but he still has the potential to be Scola with 3pt range.

2. elainas

elainas Member

Atfer all it's not easy average 110+ ppg even playing against no-defence, it's stats. Expecting Rox offensive rating be top 3 in league next year after all

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

year before last when Dmo was healthy and Dwight was hurt our team was still rocking and rolling toward the playoffs.

With Dwight leaving I think we need to retain Dmo and let him play Center in Danto's system paired with a hard rebounding 4.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

His insider status is now almost on par with hundreds of restaurant hosts around Houston!

But no, I joke, I'll give him that. Good job. He's now 1-50 or so, but that's better than 0-49. He and King Drew are must follows.

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Well he does write for this website so Clutch trusts him. ;)

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's how I feel. I wish we had the lotto pick, but we don't. Let's resign him at a reasonable cost, see if he can produce in an MDA offense, and maybe deal him. There's not much out there to chase.

Y'alls boy Les Alexander claims to have developed the strategy where you take an injury prone guy, let him produce, then deal him immediately and forfeit the risk in exchange for value. Supposedly he gave the okay to draft an injured Carl Landry using that thinking.

Just don't tell DMo that's how Les operates.

7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Rockets Insider seems like he/she has good intentions and is trying his/her best to give us information. Not trying to play us. Has his/her own podcast I haven't checked out and also does stuff for HPbasketball and Houston's ESPN radio. Admittedly, I don't like our ESPN radio show because all they did is talk about the Texans and then trash the Rockets for the 15 minutes they give the Rockets.

I'll give Rockets Insider the benefit of the doubt. At least for this off season I will.

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He's had plenty of accurate scoops before that -- I just posted this because it literally happened the same day as your post, so it was particularly ironic.

I just don't see the point in calling people out, unless they're egregious with it, because the entire nature of this business is that things change on a dime. If Daryl Morey himself were to post on the BBS about what his plans are, he'd be wrong a substantial amount of the time. Too many suitors, too much cash, too few quality players. This is the exact mentality that somewhat pushed cyberx away from the board... this "scoreboard" that some of you keep. These situations are all fluid, and we're fortunate if we even get some limited insight.

And no, Aly isn't King Drew. He's a credentialed writer who covers the team. I'll vouch for him, and I'm sure Dave will as well, seeing as how he's writing some for CF now.

Anyway, back on subject:

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...competition-8333218.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

1 person likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

who cares if its a video. that's irrelevant. it was said by him period. "the back isn't 100% healthy" came out of Dmo's mouth whether you physically saw it on video or not. you trying to spin everything else around that, which is reality is the most important thing for his career is just dumb

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Fair enough. I don't follow on Twitter so I don't have the most informed opinion. It's also possible that I'm getting him confused with any of the dozen other self-proclaimed insiders who have been consistently wrong. My bad.

And yes yes, fluidity. Fluid everywhere. If correct, insider confirmed. If wrong, stuff is fluid and I can't be blamed. We've all seen how it goes, over and over, every trade deadline and offseason. That being the case, I don't see how anyone could not understand people being skeptical of self-proclaimed insiders. Skepticism should be our default setting when it comes to these guys.

Anyway, yes, back to the topic:

DMo needs to stop taking pictures while driving in the rain.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Are you kidding? That makes him safer than 98% of the drivers I've seen in Houston, scrolling Facebook at 75 mph without a thought to anything or anyone.

12. elainas

elainas Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources tell <a href="https://t.co/aPhi5p6MSL">https://t.co/aPhi5p6MSL</a> that short of a huge $ package, the Rockets intend to match any offer sheet made to Donatas Motiejunas</p>&mdash; Brian Geltzeiler (@hoopscritic) <a href="https://twitter.com/hoopscritic/status/748619908175568896">June 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

youdontsay gif

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is this a morey move or a dantoni move?

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I should say that what defines "huge" will also be dictated by the Parson rule. If it's an early offer sheet with some extra player-friendly device like trade-kicker or a player option year, Morey might pass for "future flexibility" reasons.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dang everyone wants to be a source these days. Lol hmm now how many of them getting paid?

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And that would be a mistake, same as Parsons was.

DD

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We can't keep letting talent walk out the door. Parson was a self-inflicted wound.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We did better after he left. He's a first round virgin

20. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Ugh, just no.