1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets hoping to keep Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 23, 2016.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If the rockets would have accepted their fate last season we would be in better shape.

Trade dwight for picks.
    Trade Dmo (can't fault them they tried) for picks
    Get the 12-14th pick and miss the playoffs.

No, they had to shake their ass for FAs that weren't going to come here and help Le$ line his pockets some more.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Shades of Robert Horry. I will take that kind of weird.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

One of the Rockets biggest problems is constantly placing unrealistic hopes on injury-prone players...

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It's called taking risks .

What did curry look like he'd become after those first few seasons of ankle injuries ? The contract GS gave him was definitely a risk given his injury history. He has been able to work hard and stay healthy .

It was a risk to give Dwight a contract , but no one here was saying it was a bad risk at the time ( if you were congrats Nostradamus) . It looked like a good idea to bring him here after his first two playoff performances.

I love playing it safe , but if you wanna win big you have to get lucky and take some risks that pay off .

The rockets are in a tough spot right now , DMO is a risk the rox should be taking . They aren't going to overpay him . If he can regain his health he will be underpaid. Our team looks a lot better going into 2017 if we have a healthy player of dmo's caliber .

5. malakas

malakas Member

Well it doesn't matter much what he says. Teams will check him with their own doctors before they sign him. But what about this?
    Foreshadowing a QO?

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

BWHAHAHA how so many. I mean really, are we going to blame it on the language barrier.

That man said he's not healthy enough to play for his Lithuanian team. There's nothing lost in translation there bud.

7. TheresTheDagger

Never mind that we tried to trade you to Detroit a few months back.

We REALLY, REALLY, like you!!!!!

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well he is the same guy who said "if you're afraid of wolves, don't go in the forest". I think he was just being honest.

Also maybe what he meant was he could force himself to play but he isn't 100% healthy. Since playing in the NBA is his job he can play even if he's experiencing some pain but since playing for your country is just a voluntary thing he wants to take the summer to recover his back. For example Steph Curry forced himself to play game 7 but I don't think it's a good idea if he's thinking of playing for the national team this summer.

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

With the way it was worded it could be. Could also be a way to excuse himself for playing for his Country so that he can get his guaranteed contract/money and not risk injury.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Just did some digging and It's pretty much what I thought, his agent and the Rockets don't want him to play in the Olympics and risk further injury. D'Antoni sees Dmo as the main PF on the team.

11. malakas

malakas Member

if they see him as the main pf of the team then we won't go after RHyno as it's rumoured?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-Mo is gone! Toronto! Miami! San Antonio! Boston! "Would be really shocked if he comes back."
    Morey wants Thon Maker!

:grin:;)

Risk further injury? D-Mo's back is a ticking time bomb. Pistons didn't want him. 2 months after the season ended, his back is STILL not "100% healthy." "Needs special exercises."

#212 J.R., Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Post the link please.

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

I want dmo back because I want him to keep ****in with Draymond. That was maybe the most fun part of the playoffs series.

15. malakas

malakas Member

I would trade Thon Maker for DMO. :(

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Keeping with your analogy. It's almost like if the Rockets got into the playoffs to twerk to attract FA's, they fell over in mid-twerk and then poop came out. :(

1 person likes this.
  17. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I like Beasley and smith.

I wouldn't mind Dmo coming of the bench behind Capella but if not get Dmo and jones out of here

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Digging = reviewing BTG and DD's old posts.

1 person likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Doesn't "further injury" mean he hasn't recovered yet?

If he was 100%, there would be no risking further injury. It would just be risking another injury.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I never said that, but it does make sense - I hope DMo stays - he has a unique skillset and fits with Harden.

We are better off keeping our better players than letting them go.

DD