1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets hope to trade Omer Asik by December 19th

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing this strong: Rockets determined to trade Omer Asik by Dec. 19 at latest and have ramped up discussions with potential trade partners</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/409011163578388480">December 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Reason Dec. 19 is significant is because anyone Rockets get would be eligible to be re-packaged in new deal on trade-deadline day (Feb. 20)</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/409011636817498112">December 6, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>You can liken this to Thomas Robinson situation. Everyone knew Rockets were moving him by draft day ... it's just of matter of where now</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/409011982365253632">December 6, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Specific window to keep eye on for Rockets moving Asik is Dec. 15 (when last summer's free-agent signees become trade-eligible) to Dec. 19</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/409012527951908864">December 6, 2013</a></blockquote>

#1 Amel, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Yellow

Yellow Member

Good, can't wait!

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

We play chicargo on the 20th am I missing something?

Also inb4 not true unless woj tweets it.

Also I hope his doesn't screw anything up, I head Cuban talking about it how the media has made deals go under after it's been leaked a deal is about to go down.

Also does he realise the date is the 15th not the 19th?

#3 Voice of Aus, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  4. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Paul Millsap. It makes to much since...

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

not true until woj tweets it

6. basketballholic

Exactly what I thought. Giving themselves the opportunity to flip again by the trade deadline. Draft picks and useful ending contract or a superstar.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

We had a solid defensive and rebounding center that came to play every game last year with full effort on a contract that was flexible to the teams cap. Now were trying to find the fastest way to get him out of Houston. Hope this works out.

1 person likes this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he's likely already played his last game as a rocket now

9. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Why should they trade for Asik,the cap Hit would be 15$ mill that's also the reason why they didn't matched

10. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Sounds like Morey doesn't love what is being put out on the table as far as 'final team' issues go or he isn't getting those picks he wants, so he's going to try to get young talent that is flippable when other teams get more desperate in Feb. Morey-esque.

11. basketballholic

Can we dream about Asik/Lin for Bosh??

12. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Cue the its happening.gif !

Poor Omer and his thigh contusion I knew it was a sham for the trade to take place.

1 person likes this.
  13. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I think the cap hit would be 8.3 million but the owner would pay 15 next season.

14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Cap hit is 8.3 no matter where he plays if he is traded.

Also real salary is only 10.86 million annualised for this year and next. Also the rockets can throw in 1.5 million as extra cash in a trade. + on the chicargo part! I wasn't serious by saying he's going to chi town but if he was, chicargo has a bit more money now that insurance is also going to pay for his salary this year.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't think they are "determined" I just think if it is not done by the 19th, it is less likely to happen this season.

If I am Houston I am making sure I still have a strong offer for when Love demands a trade.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Why say it out loud?

17. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I hope its for a player we haven't heard of i'm not feeling any of the names out there... So, the deadline is December 15 or 19?

18. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Yeah that's Right,but for the bulls the cap Hit would be 15$ Mill,that's how Morey was able to steal him from the bulls

19. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Is there any reason why Morey can't trade Asik with cash tied in so his new team would only be hit with 8.3 cash (not cap) this and next year?

20. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I could be wrong, but I remember the reporting at the time being that the cap hit would be 8.3 million if he were traded to anywhere but Chicago... they would still have the 15M cap hit.