1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets home attendance near the bottom

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Faos, Feb 11, 2005.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Who cares about a winning team and model franchise like the Rockets? Gotta give Uncle Bob and the Texans $300 for single seats and pay $10 beers just to watch Brock Osweiler complete passes to the other team.

2. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

dumbass texans fans..

3. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

i really believe that basketball is too urban of a sport for this city. that's why fans don't turn out..

they prefer their white boy football

mario_v likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Look at the lower bowl now. For whatever reason, the lower bowl has been showing up late.

5. dmoneybangbang

Lower bowl is too corporate.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Im at the game and the lower seats were deserted for the first hour. Smh all these corporate people are not resl fans.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

the lower bowl is always late. Why are we still surprised by this?

BigggReddd and CallMeTheDream like this.
  8. Exiled

Exiled Member

marketing strategy to target football oriented fansbase:
    replace RPD with 12 guys wearing tight pants chasing a ball as an excuse to grab each others and you have biggest record of attendance

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

You know the Rockets are stacking wins when people start moaning about the seats again.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. Orange

Orange Member

Sucks look how full Portlands arena is for a game vs the lakers

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I know part of the problem is that people that have those seats spend a lot of time hanging out in the club. But I also wish they would have kept the 7:30 tip off. That extra 30 minutes is a big deal for people getting off work.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's a tradeoff. I love the games wrapping up at 9:30. But the catch is they play the first quarter in front of a half empty arena.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I hate when people on this site say that people with jobs in corporate world aren't "real" fans.

14. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

UT?

15. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Th
    lmao they not.... Its super lame how the fans on the front row sit on their ass all day instead of getting up and cheering for once.

16. mario elie

mario elie Member

Why? It's completely embarrassing when we have nationally televised games and it's damn near empty on the lower levels. This is the best pro team in Houston. They should be selling out every game.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

I, just like most ClutchFans, don't go to many Rockets games. I don't like watching the games from the upper deck. And I don't want to pay to sit in the lower bowl.

I prefer to watch the game sitting in front of my 75" television in the comfort of my own home. The beer is cheap and cold that comes from my refrigerator, and the popcorn is fresh and hot coming out of the microwave. Oh, and my recliner is really comfortable. No charge to park my car either.

Through the years I've been to a couple hundred Rockets games. Most of them played at Hofheinz or the Summit. I've supported the team from the beginning, and I'm still a fan.

The Rockets currently sell about 91% of the available tickets at Toyota Center for Rockets games. That's not so bad. In the early days of the franchise I attended many games with no more than three or four thousand people in attendance. The Rockets selling only 91% of their tickets doesn't bother me at all. And I certainly don't find it embarrassing in any way.

Oh, and If Les wanted to sell 100% of the tickets, there are ways he could make that happen, but he chooses not to.

crose likes this.
  18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Lower bowl is full of corporate types and Houston corps have been cutting budget.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The Rockets are not the big draw in this city I don't know why this continues to surprise people.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Did y'all not see the traffic heading inbound on I-10 this afternoon and evening?