1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets History: Scottie Pippen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 27, 2009.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ok mr perfect.

Look pulling up Artest's personal life to counter your argument with Pippen is what you called desperate.

Pippen was a terrible Rocket teammate, that was obvious.

Artest never bad mouthed the team or his teammates.

...But Artest's personal life is worse than Pippens!

I could care less. It's not like Artest is going around hitting random women at the games.

Artest was class during his tenure with the Rockets.

2. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

yeah, he didnt hit random women, he hit random men

3. aghast

aghast Member

I don't associate with wife-beaters in my personal life. I don't sanctify/absolve them on the field, either. (On the plus side for Artest, I don't care that he starved his own dogs. Free Mike Vick!)

Put these two on a scale of how you root for professional athletes:
    1. Multiple-time girlfriend/wife-beater.
    2. Badmouths teammate for lack of physical fitness.

Please.

If you try really hard, you can maybe, just maybe charitably chalk up Artest laughing & pointing at McGrady's career-threatening injury / self-rim block, and assume the laughing was jovially with McGrady, though it certainly appeared to be disparaging.

As for bad teammate, besides the frequency with which he broke down the offense to dribble aimlessly and shoot fall-away twenty-footers leaning off his left leg, you're not even trying.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y_yk4Egfqys&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y_yk4Egfqys&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Artest called out / made fun of an injured/fallen teammate. Pippen made fun of a fat one.

You're grasping at straws.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Oh so this is not about Pippen, its about Tmac!

Hey nobody knew that Tmac was injured badly including the Rockets.

It only appears Tmac only tells people like STEPHEN A SMITH first.

Dude if you think that Artest is a worst Rocket than Pippen, then go check out my other thread.

5. aghast

aghast Member

I quit. This is supposed to be about Pippen, but you keep dodging and weaving.

Tinman, you at least could bring up the domestic violence charges brought against Pippen and subsequently dropped, and I could counter with the plea agreements/jailtime in Artest's cases. But you're not even trying.

Go back to calling Robert Horry "Will Smith." At least that was mildly amusing.

6. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Artest was class? Have you even read the number of articles saying that Rox have been covering everything up.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Well if they did cover it up, we'll see what besides running around in his briefs did he do wrong.

at least in the public eye, he hasn't don't anything during his tenure. he was very open to the fans. he was doing carmichael's show and answering fans questions. etc

8. tinman

Supporting Member

you are grasping at straws dude. He said the defense starts "with Tracy, with the Michael Jordans, Kobes.."

Dude he's not making fun of Tmac on that video, you must watch the Oxygen Network or the Hallmark Movie of the week cause you are beyond sensitive.

Man who are you? Ralph Tresvant? Maybe you are Morrisey... How soon is now?

This is what PIPPEN SAID.
    http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=1999_3168179
    I wouldn't give Charles Barkley an apology at gunpoint," Pippen said. He's a very selfish guy," Pippen said of Barkley.

Tell me did Artest say anything like that?

No.

#128 tinman, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  9. joelofengland

joelofengland Member

He was a good player, you cant deny that, but he was sh** for the rockets because he couldnt hide behind MJ anymore. The guy just had no character and was exposed for it when he was with us!

10. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Its a pity that Pippen did not even try to stick with the team. He was in Houston for half a year. He should have at least tried to complete a whole season before yapping his mouth away.