1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets History: Scottie Pippen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 27, 2009.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutchfans,

refresh my memory and tell me about Scottie Pippen with the Rockets.
    Did he leave the team?

Was it Rudy T's fault that Pippen didn't perform?

What happened to Pippen after the Rockets? Did he win more championships?

Was Pippen worth $75 million?

What happened to the Rockets when Pippen got traded? What did that do to the franchise?

Pippen showed up in the playoffs? Clutchfans, please tell me about Pippen in the playoffs with the Rockets.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

u got this right tinman!

but blacknight is a great poster. thoroughly enjoys the discussions b/t the 2 of you.

3. Prince

Prince Member

oh i luv peepin.. ;)

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I purposely didn't put who wrote that quote.

I like Blackknight, even though we throw down, it's like a George St Pierre fight instead of Brock Lesner.

I know a certain percentage of people here don't remember the early 90s, but I know ALOT OF PEOPLE this incident.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

tinman you are misinformed. scottie pippen was never a rocket.

2 people like this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

awesome post.

7. roswell raygun

A Scottie Pippen discussion? Haven't we suffered enough this summer?

8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Pippen did get a role that he wasn't suited for (mostly spot up shooter). However he was the main reason he failed here.

Hhe did quite on the rockets, he failed in the play-offs (how difficult is it NOT to dribble the ball of your foot in one of the most important play-off games). Pippen is one of the most overrated players in recent history (Iverson is a bit more overrated).

I never liked Pippen, and he badmouthed the Rockets after he left. He had no class.

9. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Snottie Quitten was a cry-baby!! Thats what happened!!

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

when did we have scottie pippen?

IBTL!

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Greatest Pippen Highlight vid EVAR!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h0f1EsUVCIU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h0f1EsUVCIU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. aristophanes34

What Pippen did in this city was an atrocity. His time in town quickly placed him on my '5 people I would punch in the face if saw them in public' list. I know this doesn't address any of your questions. I just can't. It is too painful.

For the record, the other four on my list are Bobby Flay, James Cameron, Jerry Jones, and Mother Teresa (posthumously, of course) in no particular order.

13. Sirton

Sirton Contributing Member

I remember him bad talking barkley as fat and lazy, and having no class. He was disruptive and played like trash for the amount of money he made. He was a black mark on this franchise and was never a Houston Rocket.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

what's so terrible and unforgiving is that pippen hurt us even when he left. he set us back for years.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wait

WHY IN THE WORLD YOU YOU PUNCH MOTHER TERESA?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I remember Pippen making a HORRIBLE play in the first round against the Lakers and blaming Barkley for his own mistake.

Pippen cost us that game...and he tossed his teamates under the bus.

Pippen = worst player ever to wear a Rockets uni....ever.

DD

17. Raven

Raven Member

I still have trouble wrapping my brain around Pippen ever being a Rocket. It was a weird time in team history, with the organization trying to do for Dream what SA is now trying to do with Duncan and Dallas is trying to do with Dirk.

What I'd really love to know is what Morey thinks of some of those post championship moves. I'm sure he has opinions on them, but I'm equally sure that we'll never know what they are.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

he just wore the uni... :p

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Pippen never played with 2 legit post players who needed touches. Especially Barkley who'd hold the ball for 20 seconds sometimes. Which led to Pippen being primarily a spot-up shooter on that team. STILL it was like the shots he did take were minimalist and out of obligation, not cuz he really cared.

Truth is he, Barkley and Dream were middle-aged and all lost a step, but Pippen was the most insecure and in denial about it. So he had to lash out at Barkley instead of admitting he was past his prime.

20. aristophanes34

Damn do-gooders! They make the rest of us self-centered bastards look bad.