1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets History: Rockets relocation to Louisville

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownbandit, Sep 20, 2012.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Just stop.

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Hilarious. Nobody gives a sheet about the NBA in Kentucky. It's all L'ville and UK.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Maybe I was blind and only wanted to believe what I wanted to believe....but I never took the relocation threats to Louisville seriously.

Having said that, I was thrilled that the issue was made a moot point, entirely.

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Rockets & Astros should thank Bud Adams. His actually going through with leaving made it so much easier for them to get their new arena/field.

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

That would have been a travesty.

6. gotrock?

gotrock? Member

I was living out of state (Virginia) at the time and this wasn't really big news there, so it's hard to know how close to reality this was.

That being said...THANK YOU to Jeff, Clutch, and everyone who worked to keep our team here! Losing the Oilers still hurts...no one should hafta go through that more than once a lifetime.

Thanks for the history lesson, Tinman!

7. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

oklahoma city rockets

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Thread title should have left no one confused...this was over a decade ago and the rockets wouldn't be installing a huge screen if this were true

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

We lived (and still do) in Georgia when the Oilers moved to Tennessee. My dad & brother were pissed about the move. I've always thought that was strange since Bud Adams only moved the team closer to us.

10. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

Are you trying to sound tough or something? Maybe you're pops should have left you a puddle on your mummy's back.

11. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

Speaking of which, where DID my Astroworld thread go? It's a legit thread in my eyes, since it was in the proximity of the Astros and the Astrodome.

12. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Can't believe that old save the rockets site was hosted on infinology lol

13. ch44

ch44 Member

That's not completely true. Kentucky is a basketball state and UK and Louisville are two of the best teams, so absolutely they get all the focus.

We don't have an NBA team, so why would most people follow the NBA? The typical fan needs a hometown team to root for. An NBA team here would have absolutely no problem selling out each game.

14. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I'm about 1,600 miles from Houston and 1,900 from Louisville... I could care less.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Luv Ya Blue

Hate Ya Bud

16. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Probably would be a Louisville rockets fan over any expansion team that that came here

17. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

I'll never vote for another stadium/arena initiative as long as I live after the lockouts of the NBA and NFL.

18. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

How exactly is the title misleading? It says Rockets History, so it talking about History which is the past. Or have I just arrived too late and has the title been changed? If so I apologize

19. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

It said "Rockets Rumor" before and that was misleading

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

This is an unacceptable response, if you can't handle being criticized for something you post, don't post.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=226281

And, your opinion about thread validity holds no weight around here. If a mod closes/moves/deletes a thread/post, there is a reason.

In this case, it is in Hangout where it belongs

It was changed to signify this is OLD news, and not a current news article like the original title would lead one to believe.