1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets held a players-only meeting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Mar 17, 2016.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

These player-only meetings clearly don't work when there are no leaders on the team. JET already dialing it in, waiting to head to Dallas. All Harden and Howard knows how to do is point fingers.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

can't believe we gave this numbnut $24M :rolleyes:

3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

1) he's a rookie
    2) significantly worse is an overstatement. D Mo is a terrible rebounder, Harrell is about as bad but could improve. TRB% 10.3 compared to 9.6.

Let's reserve judgment for a year or two and see if he can improve. For D Mo, it's too late as far as rebounding is concerned.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Bev is so ****ing OVERRATED. He should be getting Delly money (1.1M/year) instead of 24M total. He does the exact same things as Dellavedova. If anything, we should pick up Delly to replace Bev when he becomes FA. Funniest part is, he was supposed to shut down Curry but has never done that whereas Delly actually did it two games in the NBA finals before he ran out of energy.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he can't stay in front of his man anymore and is the worst passing PG in the league. and his airheaded play is just the cherry on top -- he typically rattles himself into a frenzy on defense and then proceeds to commit a barrage of stupid pointless overaggressive fouls on the opposing team's PG in the backcourt. i'm all for seeing what goudelock can do with extended minutes now.

6. Remlap

Remlap Member

Bev: "I feel sorry for the team we play tomorrow"
    Translation: "We're gonna have a statement win over the Timberwolves" LOL

7. MD_in_Training

Lol I am totally expecting the Wolves to wreck us. KAT is the real deal.

8. jogo

jogo Member

Bev's defense is probably avg and his passing and offense are poor. But if he keeps shooting 40% from 3 then he's still a pretty good player for our team-pg who doesn't need the ball, hits a high % from 3, and plays okay defense.

9. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Reputation added!

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He should be a bench player but I do think we should keep him.

11. Asian Sensation

Why they ISO-ed JB?

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

(pause)

"That puts him at notch one."

- Huggy Bear, "Starsky and Hutch"

But seriously, a players' meeting? AGAIN? Professional basketball players need to get together and talk about how they have no focus, no heart, no effort, no give-a-f***?

They whupped on a Memphis team with no healthy starters then brought that same unneeded intensity to their next game....against one of the West's top 4 teams.

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat, guys. Maybe at the next meeting (pre-playoffs?) you can get one of the rookies to do the K-Y run ("and here's a bottle for you, Clint...") so you won't be walking sideways for too long after meeting the Spurs or the Warriors in your first and only round of the 2016 playoffs.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yes sometimes they do. You act like the entire team wasn't trying. Some of them are just injured or slowed, have regressed (Dmo, Terry, Howard, Bev) Some are stupid and need guidance (Howard, Brewer, Bev, Jones) some are lazy at times but provide a bigger positive than negative (Harden, Ariza) and some give energy, are healthy, have heart and also pretty smart (Beasley, Harrell). Then there's KJ who hasn't been developed properly but plays good defense. The coach makes the decision who to play and he has chosen Brewer over higher IQ better defensive and energy guys at every turn. You have to play Harden but everyone else should play based on performance JB does not do that and it costs us games. Players will always want to play no matter how poorly they are doing they want a chance to change it around its up to the coach to make the right decisions.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I was referring to last night, not just in general. In general, i know it can happen either way.

I'm going off of what theyre saying. Y'all want to excuse the players, but they are the ones saying they got together because they needed to get their **** straight.

JB has actually said he's going to play those who earn playing time. Fans make the mistake of assuming players can only earn time during actual games...but there's practice, too.

15. thejav

thejav Member

So how much are we loosing to the wolves?

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

how many of these have we had? LMAO

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I was going off of last night as well and in general. JB did a horrible coaching job last night, he played Brewer way too long and didn't play Beasley and Harrell enough. He finally put them in together with Harden without Brewer and what do you know we went on a run. I used to call Mchale slow and JB is just as bad or worst simple common sense moves elude him til its almost too late or most cases already too late.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Just got hold of the meeting agenda from an insider.

Date: St. Patrick's Day
    Time: Whenever everyone is here
    Chair: The guy who has no personal agenda

Discussion items
    1. Who has personal agenda?
    2. Which corner should we turn at?
    3. Should we pity the Timberwolves in the next game?
    4. Which team will be scared of us the most in the playoffs?
    5. Is there media bias about Harden's defense?
    6. Which is worse, DMo only fan or Lin only fan? (Who the heck brought this item?)

Next meeting: When Clutchfans members get really angry, probably next week.

Adjourn

(Stay for snack time after meeting -- well-done steaks and multiple A-1 sources.)

1 person likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that agenda should be a poll

20. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

this post might get hate. but i'm so sick of our guys with all this "talk" and repetitive bs. bev's comment shows exactly what's wrong with our mindset, it's all bout a quick fix, maybe playing a good game against a below average team, then thinking "we back. we turned the corner...i feel sorry for the team in our way" and then fall back to the same bad habits. talk is so cheap, this team has shown us every step of the way who they are this season...and that's a .500 team at best that will get crushed by elite competition.

now the hate part. i'm going to root for the rockets to win...but i'm so fed up with this team and their attitude, i will literally LOL and almost be excited to see what this clown show of a team says if they lost this game. win/win. don't think i've ever disliked a rockets team this much.