1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets held a players-only meeting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I'm trying to promote what they call "SHARING"

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Repost

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Yea, this isn't good.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

that one thing is by far biggest reason the Rockets are what they are. The rockets could have the best offense in the league but You still aren't going to win with a defense this pathetic. People that still don't get that are the ones who are going to continue to be disappointed thinking the results will change. The same ones that believe oh they've turned the corner. lol yeah right. It's the same garbage.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

The rockets field 4 out of 5 "defensive" players in the lineup, yet its that bad. Beasley, Harrel, KJ or whoever else you want to name is not going to make a difference. People who think those are just simple fixes and decisions are kidding themselves

6. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I call this the DEFINITION OF INSANITY BY COACH JB

Reddick is faster running off screens than Ariza that defends every night the toughest guards on top of playing a ton of minutes every night...mileage on his legs...Green of the Spurs does the same type of damage bombing 3's on the Rockets. Spurs beat the Rockets twice using Green the same way Reddick has been used twice raining 3's.

JB is hard headed. He sticks with the stupid lineups thinking he's gonna get a different result. The only way this stupid system works is IF Reddick/Green or whomever has a bad shooting performance and we've seen how this philosophy is turning out.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

They were making a difference did you watch the game at all?

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I don't think he watched the game lol

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh when the Rox were down 20 and they make some gimmick run with a few minutes left in the game. You're talking about that difference? please that doesn't mean anything

10. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

This is our turning point. No one wants to see us in the playoffs

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

So what is your defense going to look like since you seem to know what should of been done.

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

T_Man

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What is this? The third one? Maybe they are talking about their upcoming vacations and if they should delay said vacations for 4 more games.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This is pretty exciting.

We're finally at the corner.

Now we just need to turn.

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Wow..damn...that would explain this madness LOL

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You man bro? Clearly our defense was better with Beasley and Harrell Jb just didn't want to play them Again he could still win a lot of these games with proper coaching I'm not saying we would be top two with coaching alone.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After going 7 of 9 in 1st half on Sat., Howard is 4 of just 9 since. JBB: &quot;We need to make sure we get Dwight more than four shots a game.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/710570024411357184">March 17, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bickerstaff continued: &quot;We have to do a better job of getting him the ball in his spot and he needs to make sure he’s getting to his spot.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/710570164798955520">March 17, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stop me if you heard this before. :rolleyes:

December 17th:
    "I think he needs to have a bigger role, but I think it's a combination of how we get him to that point," he continued. "I've got to do a better job of getting him the ball in positions where he can score. Our group has to do a better job of finding him when he's open. ... I truly believe that in the preseason, because he wasn't there (because of back problems), being in and out of the lineup at the start of the year, and because of the back-to-backs — and as many back-to-backs as we had — and then even the limited minutes early in the back to backs, are contributing to some of that. There's not a great feel yet. All those things will contribute to him having more and more success and being more comfortable and everybody being more comfortable."​

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

At this point can a coach get James Harden to play defence. I don't even think Thibs could do it at this point. We will not win when we have to depend on 4 guys on our team to defend 5 guys on their team. This is the west... we will not win that way. EVER! I hope the player meeting put Harden in a corner and embarassed the living crap out of him.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You can listen to the actual video vs the translation in a tweet. Dwight says it somewhat differently. As in, "don't let any agendas get in the way..." Said it somewhat generally, without really implying there is something going on.

I got the feeling he was regurgitating what Clifford Ray told them before the meeting. Dwight talked mostly about what Clifford said to them. Like "Guys, don't let any personal agendas get in the way. You have to seize this moment together."

And if Dwight was actually calling someone/somebody out, that's really bad form. Players meetings are not really supposed to be taken outside the room.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So when people that no connection to the team say JB is a competent coach, they're just lying, for no reason? They're going out of their way to make him look competent, smart, just because? People who have no trouble calling bad coaches? Sorry, i'm going to trust the people who know and watch a ton of basketball over random pissed of fans. Having an individual opinion doesn't mean much, if you're ignoring the facts and the fact is their effort sucks too often.