1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets held a players-only meeting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Mar 17, 2016.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I have no argument about blaming part of Harden's problems on the failure of McHale to rein him in. Of course, part of Harden's problem is that he's also a diva - McHale didn't make him one.

I do have an argument about you saying Harden is usually a minus on most nights. He has a +/- of +6.3 on the season. By definition you are completely wrong on that count. Moreover, his DBPM and DRPM have been improving steadily as the season has gone on and he's by far the most efficient and effective shooting guard in the league.

So, for all his warts, Harden is still a top 10 player.

2. Chamillionaire

This is it though, if they don't start playing, they 1 and done or not make it at all although I think it is the former. They have to start putting together winning streaks. I think we end up 6th or 7th and I see Memphis fighting for the 8th.

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

Hey guys. everything is okay now.

73-9!

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I was worried for a little while that Bev's comment might become a bulletin board material to motivate the opponent. But then I remembered what the two teams were, I felt relieved that it probably wouldn't kill us. :eek:

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't worry. If they do that, Clutchfans will have another melt down and the Rockets will have another players-only meeting. And all will be well when the day is done.

6. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

my reaction too lol

7. dragician

dragician Member

Bye Bye DMO.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DMo said bye bye already, he's got nothing to lose.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

DMo with Beasley, Ariza Harden and Bev needs to work offensively.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Dwight Howard is the reason for this mess.

I'm sure it will come out when he leaves this summer. The whole organization knows it. Some fans see it some don't but the guy doesn't play hard at all. James deserves blame too but It's like we can't call howard out because ppl have this notion in there head that he's a plus defender when in reality we play better with Clint in the game bad freethrows and all. He sets real screens runs around the court and actually blocks shots.

The writing is on the wall and the whole team knows it and it shows. Hakeem been working out with Clint getting him ready for next year and our record shows we just flat out play better whe dwight doesmt play its that simple.

Dwight had 4 points and 7 rebounds the other night. This team needs a guy who can get 20-25ppg every game with Harden not have games like the one he had the other night far to often. He's played better but really a garbage man who gets 18ppg is not going to cut it in today NBA he can't create for himself at all he needs everyone else to
    Soon feed him shots and that's wack for a guy who makes 22mil a year and doesn't even play hard or elite defense anymore.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wow, a D12OH . . . but I don't see it. Maybe he's coasting a bit given we're at .500 and gonna get blown out of the water in the first or second round IF we make it to the playoffs . . . but this mess started LONG before Dwight started coasting--if he is in fact coasting. I just don't see it.

12. syn

syn Member

Honestly, I don't see it either

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we are having a clutchfans only meeting

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

2016 Rockets Players-only Meeting #58

This time will be different!!

#pursuit

15. rocketsmetalspd

Beasley and Goudelock must be like WTF did we sign up for. Hoping that the team can finally get it going but it is not the Offense that needs work it is the commitment to playing Defense for 48 minutes by all.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm sure they're fine as long as those checks clear.

17. tharges

tharges Member

Nailed it, he needs to go or know his role on the team is rebounding and defense. Quit the bs fouls, quit asking for the ball. Your low post game is pathetic and you can't hit a free throw. Your a role player at this point, nothing more. JB needs to figure out his starters and keep it consistent baring injury. I would start Capela and Beasley at the 5/4. That defense would produce and bring Dwight, Dmo off the bench. Have Dmo in the post in a half court set.

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Indeed. Beasley has never played much defense and Goudelock is here to chuck threes.

19. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

JB gone, McHale back? LOL
    This trust issue to the coaching staff is becoming childish

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Wonder what our record actually is on the games immediately following all of these team meetings