1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets held a players-only meeting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Mar 17, 2016.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care if this is the 50th players meeting they've had. They haven't played right for an extended period this whole season as a team. If more meetings will help and make them start doing the things they've needed to do all season then great.

If it doesn't help, then try something different.

I will say with any meeting there should be follow ups. The meeting should end up with stated goals, and a follow up scheduled where they reflect on the goals and if they weren't met, who didn't meet them and why.

Sometimes it can take several meetings to get it right. But damn it, just get it done.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they need action items. :rolleyes:

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

When is the Hakeem status posters only meeting? I think my invitation got lost.

4. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

5. basketballholic

Bingo.

Post of the year candidate right here. Seriously guys, in light of this lousy season and this being election year, we should have a "post of the year" thread. We should nominate posts that we feel like are the best post of the season. Then have a poll and vote on the best one. Winner gets automatic hakeem status for being the season champ.

I nominate this post right here. So simple but true and incredibly funny.

You must've missed all the previous fan-only meetings we had this year down at Toyota Center when the team didn't show up.

3 people like this.
  6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

They needed a meeting to let everyone know that they still don't realize they have had these problems since October.

7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I would rather they miss the playoffs than to watch them get embarrassed by the Warriors,, Spurs, or Thunder.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

likely another mediocre draft year

9. dmoneybangbang

Mediocre draft position again.... make sense. Perhaps it will be one of the more often than not years were Morey finds another NBA role player.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well, yeah. Any time the players have to have a players-only meeting to figure out why their free-wheeling offensive and no-effort defense isn't working, the coach can be blamed. The inmates shouldn't run the asylum.

11. Lightsnowaction

If we somehow are the 6th or 5th seed on the playoffs, I will care about the team. If lower, I won't.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

haha!

13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The Rockets should be holding 2016-17 team meetings. No need to involve Dwight, Jones, Smith, Terry or Bickerstaff. Had to start somewhere.

I believe Terry started these team-only meetings last year and got credit for bridging the gap between feuding player factions. Maybe Goudelock would be able to take his minutes but I presume Bickerstaff looks up to him. He is a year older and accomplished things in his prime.

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

They'd be better off spending quality time watch Charlie Brown re-runs...you know the one's with Charlie and his teacher?

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This team is just not a very good team. Call is mismatching talent, call it weak leadership, call it whatever you like, but these guys aren't going to turn any corner or do anything this year.

As a group, they are neither cohesive on offense or defense. You can't change that overnight. You can't just flip a switch to solve that. When your best player gets caught sleeping on an inbounds play - it sets the tone for everyone else. Doesn't matter how talented you are or which coach you have - a team that doesn't believe in anything is a team that doesn't go anywhere.

Bottom line - they don't respect one another, and no about of team meetings is going to fix that. Blow it up.

16. Remlap

Remlap Member

Maybe they shut the doors to ask Brewer in private how he gets so much playing time?

Inquiring minds wanna know

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

18. Rocketeer4Life

I bet its about Harden's lack of effort, defense and Iso's again..

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

You can keep having meetings til the cows come home - but it ain't gonna matter for squat till we get a coach that can instill some discipline! See the sig...

20. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

This is how I imagine the meeting went:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RTXUIVmJQmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>