1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. photojoe

photojoe Member

I'm not an expert by any means, but I think that signing Bosh while keeping Jones would be possible. Then, we would be able to resign Parsons since we have his bird rights.

At that point, we wouldn't have the MLE since we used our cap space to sign Bosh, so we would be looking at minimum signings to fill out our roster. Possibly to bring back Daniels? And look at vet's who would take a paycut to play for a contender? (Marion?)

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't care all that much about Jones, but I definitely would be happy about keeping Parsons and really hope to keep that pick.

Is

Bev
    Harden
    Scrub
    Love
    Howard
    with no bench

better than what we had last year even? I mean maybe a little, but you've swapped solid production at the 3 with a good backup 5 for great production at the 4 with crap at the 3 and no bench.

That ignores the fact that Parsons isn't going to agree to be traded to Minnesota when he has better options and that Morey isn't going to try to trade Parsons.

3. htown7829

htown7829 Member

The 76ers are rumored to be interested in Stoudemire and Shumpurt from NY. If we don't watch out, there won't be anywhere to send Lin. They should probably go ahead and pull the trigger on that trade just to make sure they can actually get it done.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

THANK YOU! These so called "Superstars" are the weakest minded pansies there are in the entirety of all sports. Instead of trying to battle one another and earning a chip, they want to wait around and team up in free agency and act like little biznotches.

Melo is rumored to be waiting for bron bron so maybe they can team up now is truly pathetic. I understand that it takes more than one star to be able to compete, but damn! The future of the NBA is not in a good state going forward for the future IMO.

More props to the Spurs and that whole cast.

5. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

If feels a lot like that. It's like when your at the gym and strike a conversation with some other dude and he starts spotting you. next thing you know he is following you from machine to machine. "Like bro, i had a good time when you were spotting me and all, but its over now. "

6. justtxyank

You are correct.

They'd have a small room exception of around 2 million and the vets minimum to add players. I doubt they could get a guy like Marion though.

7. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

The only way to get Melo to Miami on a max contract, now that they've committed to McBob, is through sign and trade with Bosh going out (or Wade taking a ridiculous pay cut).

I'm guessing if Riley had his way, he would S&T Bosh to Houston and Melo to Miami simultaneously. But since Bosh wants to be in Miami if Lebron comes back then he needs Bosh to reach his threshold and WANT to go to Houston otherwise he can't operate as a capped team and use the MLE.

8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

You're underrating Love a bit here. He's a little more than just "great production at the 4 spot". He's a bona fide super star. He's one of the few players in the league that would make Harden and Howard 2nd and 3rd best players.

9. justtxyank

Exactly which is why the whole theory that they are trying to get Bosh to leave on his own is stupid. If he leaves on his own then the Heat are not able to add Melo PLUS hold to the contracts they just agreed to. If they broke them they'd have hell to pay.

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

If they use their cap space to give max contracts to Lebron/Bosh and Wade, they will be maxed out and will have their exceptions available to give to McRoberts and Granger.

If they instead use their contract on Melo, they wouldn't have their exception anymore, and they would be capped out, so they wouldn't be able to give the contracts that they promised to McRoberts or Granger.

That complicates the Melo to Miami thing some more. Even if Bosh left, Melo and Lebron would either need to take paycuts, or hope for some tricky S&T cooperation from Bosh and Melo.

11. htown7829

htown7829 Member

I think if the Heat came to Bosh with that scenario, bosh would do it. He'd take that as a sign his BFF Lebron wouldn't wanna play with him anymore.

12. Chamillionaire

You can find wings like Parsons in every draft. He's a good player, but not good enough athlete at that position to really dominate. He's certainly not worth more than 11 - 12 million per in my opinion.

Jones, showed a lot of improvement, still has lots of holes in his game.

NOLA pick, gotta give up something to get something. The chances MIN actually picks an all-star beast PF like Love? Very slim.

So yes, to answer your question, I'd make that trade everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The Bucks aren't turning down Lin, the Pelicans pick, and cash if it is offered. Now that we have the pick from the Asik deal moving Lin won't be a problem at all if it ever was.

14. justtxyank

I said great production and I meant "great" production. I'm all for getting Love honestly. He's a perfect fit here minus the need for defense.

It's just not realistic and I don't think a move for Love that swaps Parsons out for some other garbage wing player turns us into a contender.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

For what? NYK don't have anything of value to attach to a trade.

16. htown7829

htown7829 Member

I has heard the bucks came out and said that while they love Lins game, they don't love it at 15 mil. You're right though, if we throw in a few extra picks, he'll get moved if need be.

17. justtxyank

They aren't actually interested in them. SAS offered that as a hypothetical since "stupid Hinkie is willing to take anyone."

He didn't say stupid Hinkie, but it's clear he thinks Hinkie is just an idiot that the league can abuse because he is getting picks for taking on contracts.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

First, the Stoudemire news makes no sense. Stoudemire makes like $23M, for the kind of cap space that it takes for PHI to eat his salary and get only Shumpert (who has, frankly, not been that great and hits free agency after this season), the Sixers can take on the salary of both Lin and another contract from a team seeking to make room (Thornton in a Cleveland/Brooklyn deal, for example, but also others that pop up during the season) and get multiple assets from multiple teams.

Second, there are still plenty of teams with cap space this summer, many of them will fail to land big $ free agents and will bet candidates for taking on salary for 1 year, getting an asset, and playing the free agent game again in 2015.

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It doesn't have to be a garbage wing player. The Rockets could sign someone like Deng/Ariza and then make the sign and trade move for Love. Basically the same way they planned on getting Lowry and Melo.

20. htown7829

htown7829 Member

There's no telling what the 76ers will do for picks.