1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Htown's Finest

We were always being considered, it's just that people here in the garm starting panicking when Riley gave McRoberts the MLE and Granger the BAE. They felt like it was a far gone conclusion with that announcement around 2pm yesterday that we were out of the running for Bosh. Morey played his hand and then Riley played his hand, now we wait to see what happens with Bosh.

2. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

But what if the Heat don't offer Bosh the money he wants? Does it matter whether Lebron stays or goes?

3. Htown's Finest

I think if LeBron stays and generally wants to play with Bosh again, I could see Bosh going back for less than the max. Now if LeBron leaves then I think Bosh is gone for sure. Bosh reportedly was open to taking 15-17 million a year with the Heat to keep the Big 3 there. But it seemed like Riley wanted him to take less than that. I guess it all depends on that meeting tomorrow with LeBron and Pat Riley. So who really knows.

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

exactly and this is the last year we ll have cap room. once we sign parsons bye bye cap room. may as well swing for the fences.

5. dream2franchise

I've been under the impression ESPN wants nothing more than for Bosh to leave Miami to make room for Melo.

It's started with Stephen A. and now Marc Stein is reporting that the last five teams he has spoken to have asked about Melo's Miami intentions and how they link with Bosh's offer from Houston.

Well done, ESPN. Seed planted!

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Bosh was a 24 and 11 guy before he started playing with a guy that takes away from those two stats.

Yes, his stats have 'dwindled' over the years but his per 36 stats are basically a straight line while in Miami. Yes his rebounding has been suspect, but he's also played out of position during the down years in Miami. He's played fewer and fewer minutes each year as those stats decreased, but his per minute averages are constant. How is he not a max guy? We play him at PF and his rebounds and points instantly go up.

Yes to Bosh and yes to 88 million. It's worth it to have a big 3.

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>After being offered a max contract by the Rockets, Chris Bosh reportedly told them: &quot;I want to be in Miami, I want to play w/ LeBron.&quot; (FOX)</p>&mdash; Mike Tricio (@MikeTricio) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeTricio/statuses/486402347414085632">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Tmcrcks1

Tmcrcks1 Member

Lol thats not even how you spell his last name TIRICO

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's not him. :)

10. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

Don't think money matters to Bosh as long as Lebron stays, because if Lebron stays Bosh will stay even if it means taking a pay cut

11. don grahamleone

Three players opt out of their contracts. If they wanted to stay, why would they do that? LeBron is moving on or pushing one of the Big 3 out. Wade is a career Heat player, so that leaves...

When he realizes he's going to take a 50-60% pay cut, his strong consideration will become a yes. But if we make a move before he says yes...

12. don grahamleone

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-houston-rockets-max-four-year-contract-offer

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, but I imagine it has been by JR. So just in case:

Chris Bosh is seriously considering the Houston Rockets' maximum contract offer of four years, $88 million, according to sources close to the situation.

More from ESPN.com
    While talk of LeBron James leaving Miami roars, the Heat have remained quiet for a reason, Dan Le Batard writes. Story

Bosh, since opting out of the final two years of his deal -- worth $42 million -- with the Miami Heat, had planned to see what LeBron James decided before making his choice.

But a conversation with James about his future in Miami this past weekend created enough doubt for Bosh to begin considering his other options, including Houston's offer, a source said. The source said Bosh did not know whether James was staying in Miami.

Another factor in Bosh's decision to look at Houston has been the tenor of his negotiations with Miami. Bosh is willing to take an annual pay cut by accepting a five-year deal worth $80-90 million from Miami. But sources say the Heat have been trying to get Bosh to accept a lesser deal, obviously so they can have more money to spend in free agency.

The Heat's "low-balling" -- plus his conversation with James -- has led Bosh to take a serious look at Houston's offer, which could approach $90 million as it can change slightly.

The Rockets made the same max offer to Carmelo Anthony, but they have come to believe he will not accept it.

Houston will have to trade Jeremy Lin to create the cap space to offer the max to Bosh, but the Rockets are confident they will be able to do that in short order.

Ready For Liftoff?
    Chris Bosh had a 48.4 field-goal percentage on mid-range shots last season -- second among NBA power forwards and centers. The Rockets, meanwhile, had the lowest percentage among NBA teams in that category last season:

13. Htown's Finest

You stole my thunder a little bit lol. I was just going to post something similar before I headed to bed about seeds being planted. I think that should be the slogan of the day personally "planting seeds". This is exactly what Morey did by offering Bosh that max contract for 4 years/$88 million dollars. He also reportedly told Bosh that one of his biggest assets was his defense, that Miami was not properly using him correctly, and how Houston would use him in the right spot. Morey basically told Bosh all the stuff you would tell a girl if you wanted her to ditch her current bf. ;)

Riley planted the seed in the Big 3's head today that "we" are constructing contracts for McRoberts and Granger as if Bosh/Wade/James will be back to receive max contracts. It also was a subliminal message to Morey as well that I see what you trying to do and I will raise you one. He placed a seed in the head of LeBron that he has done everything he can do to improve their roster.

LeBron obviously planted a seed in the head of Bosh that he (LeBron) may not be back with the Heat and to seek other alternative measures for himself (Bosh). And then there is the ESPN conspiracy seed angle that they want to plant in the head of everyone. I'm sure they think Bosh is a good player but Melo going to Miami is a HUGE story line for ESPN to cover. They would be talking about LeBron/Melo/Wade in Miami for months. Some of the seeds that were planted will not hatch, but some will with a little water. After the darkness and the rain there will be sunshine, through the sunshine everything will be made clearer to us, and at that very moment we will truly be able to see what has blossomed before our very eyes.

14. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Any thing news worthy to have to scroll back to? ive been away for about 6 hours

15. Htown's Finest

Nothing

16. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

lol thanks. Bosh still waiting around for LeBrons orders. Dude needs to get a hint, LeBron wants to play with Melo

17. Swishh

Swishh Member

Please stop posting tweets from this guy. Most of the time, it seems as if he just posts regurgitated info.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Give it up bro. Big three is staying in Miami. We tried our best. But Miami is a more attractive city than Houston and lebron is a more attractive teammate than anyone we have.

19. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Bosh and that great NO pick.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In the long run I want Anthony Davis as the next great big man for the Rockets ;)