1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Jack0153

Jack0153 Member

Can they make their decisions already so I can stop myself from staying on this thread and refreshing the page hoping for latest news on the situation.. :(

2. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Lol... I am doing the same thing! :grin:

3. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Watch Carmelo come out and say he was picking Houston but changed his mind when we shifted focus to Bosh

4. dje243

dje243 Member

Also... If we sign Bosh and then go match parsons we're going to be operating above the cap. So ultimately it doesn't matter from a cap perspective how much we offer Bosh. The only person that should matter to is Les who has to pay lux tax bill. We're not in a position to lowball because we're trying to pry him away from another team and it doesn't affect our other moves anyway.

5. Htown's Finest

That is basically it in a nutshell. :cool:

6. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

For those who have issues about Bosh's proposed deal:

It isn't your money. This is the LAST year we will have any sort of cap space. We will no doubt match Parsons, regardless of what deal Dallas throws at him. We can go over the cap to re-sign him due to his bird rights. Thus, why not use what cap we have to sign Bosh, and then be able to retain Parsons. Having both of them beats having just one or having to dump Parsons and assets for Love.

A S&T will allow us to use our MLE and BAE, if I'm not mistaken. Please fact check this y'all. Stop complaining about the price and understand we need a third star. Bosh is a perfect fit. If we had him, Aldridge would not have dropped 40 on us and we would have been talking about how to build on our WCF appearance.

1 person likes this.
  7. bmd

bmd Member

Then what do you guys suggest? Save millions yet sign nobody?

That sounds like a great plan.

8. BonziWellsGOAT

Heard Bosh reportedly said he'd rather be in Miami when he heard about the offer

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

We are now entering day two of the engagement, will we enter into our vows this afternoon or will Bosh leave us at the alter? Tune in to find out what's in this store for the Velociraptor in the City.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would faint multiple times.

11. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

zomgs breaking news.

12. dje243

dje243 Member

To play with Lebron. He prefers to be in Miami to play with Lebron.

13. bmd

bmd Member

And somebody correct me if I'm wrong... but the Rockets can sign Bosh AND go over the cap to re-sign Parsons.

If they get a big-time free agent this year like Bosh, they can get Bosh and also keep Parsons.

But say the Rockets strike out with the free agents this year but still re-sign Parsons. That now means the Rockets won't have any cap space next year because they used the space to re-sign Parsons... correct?

So this year is THE year the Rockets HAVE to land the big-time free agent because they can also keep Parsons.

Do I have that right?

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Yes you have it right...we will be screwed if bosh doesn't pick us basically

15. htown7829

htown7829 Member

I think he said Miami and Lebron. So if no Lebron, then no Bosh in Miami. No telling what these guys are gonna do anymore. For all I know, Lebron, Bosh, and Carmelo are gonna form a new super team in Milwaukee and shock everyone

16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Everything will make sense after LeBron meets with Riley tomorrow. I think he goes back to Cleveland, which is why Bosh hasn't publicly accepted the offer from the Rockets. I still think Carmelo stays in NY.

17. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Yiuup.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So, according to Woj, Bosh told Houston he wanted to stay in Miami to play with LeBron...but I guess we knew that already

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

wow that's the first post from that poster that didn't include the line "we are not trading parsons" ha ha.

20. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Houston didn't get the answer they wanted when they spoke to Chris Bosh about their near-max offer. Latest in diary: <a href="http://t.co/RhYd8qHSaS">http://t.co/RhYd8qHSaS</a></p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/statuses/486362587748003840">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>