1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Once room is cleared in Houston for Chris Bosh, multiple executives believe that is the first LeBron domino to fall.</p>&mdash; Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/statuses/487648325643280384">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Then, Rockets can (and almost certainly will) match Chandler Parsons' offer sheet, multiple executives say. Then, free-for-all.</p>&mdash; Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/statuses/487648623849926656">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He doesn't have to get that low. I think if he takes 18 or 19 that is enough.

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

anyone know if there's a guarantee that bosh signs?

can we really afford to trade away all these pieces and strike out on bosh?

will rep because i'm in desperate need of answer haha

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Would a sign and trade with MIA allow us to clear cap space too, like Jones and Dmo out and Bosh in?

(I don't think we will have anything left after getting this done but the starting 5, our draft picks and our exceptions.... still worth it)

5. nalinator

nalinator Member

I thought it's from when the offer got delivered to Morey? CP signed the contract at a Florida night club, so I believe it would have been somewhere between 12:00 and 2:00 am. Then there was the delay because Dallas was exploring the S/T option with Houston which fell through later on Thursday afternoon.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

We are in constant contact with Bosh's agent and other people involved in the decision making process. If we trade away the pieces then that means we have a deal in place.

1 person likes this.
  7. nalinator

nalinator Member

Salaries would have to match more closely, and I don't think we have enough outgoing to match that way. That's why they often create a TPE.

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

There are no guarantees until the ink is on the contract. I doubt pieces will be moved until we have a commitment from Bosh.

1 person likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bosh would be leaving MIA for HOU to *win*. Have to think he'd either (A) take discount or (B) help work S&amp;T, to keep some key guys around.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/statuses/487651135558152192">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

10. nalinator

nalinator Member

Agree - I don't see him dropping down to 15-16, but I could see him willing to take a couple mill less to keep some decent young depth. I believe Miami showed him that an all vet team with no depth can't make much noise, and the west is even deeper than the east.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Assuming no S&T and Bosh gets max, we'll only have Howard/Bosh/Parsons/Harden/Beverley/Nick Johnson and the Room exception $2.5mil/2 years left. But next year the Rockets will have a lot more to load up.

Personally, I'm still going to predict we do a S&T. Miami can't possibly pass up the loads of picks and young players we can give them. Some combination of Capella, DMo, Jones, and picks has to get Riley's attention.

1 person likes this.
  12. nalinator

nalinator Member

I agree - we get deals lined up but don't submit to the league until we have Bosh's commitment.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I think more like

1. Sign Bosh
    2. Free for all.
    3. Dallas watches all the free agents get signed
    4. Match Parsons

1 person likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

THIS!!
    THIS!!!
    THIS!!!!

Rocket River

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I hope Morey waits until the last possible second to match Parsons and then puts a picture of he and Gersons Rosas in suits inside an office sending the matched contract.

1 person likes this.
  16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yes please

17. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Can never get tired posting this one....

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It is believed that the Rockets can clear about $1 million shy of the max for Bosh -- and have to move multiple players to do it.</p>&mdash; Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/statuses/487652370520621056">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Can we sign Marion?

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

loooooooooooooooooooooooool

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/ak7J3AOElXk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/ak7J3AOElXk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>