1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. bball1217

bball1217 Member

IF Lebron goes to CLE, move on
    - Do not match after 3 days (still tie up Mavs cap space during that time )
    - Trade Lin for cap space (probably through in our own 2015 pick to do this)
    - Sign Chris Bosh to max (He is the absolute perfect fit for Howard and this team and even if his skills aren't worth the max, his fit with team makes it worth it)
    - Sign Shawn Marion using however much of the mid-level exception we have to on him (he's only got a couple years left in him, but he continues to defend well and is a great team player and another guy who fills a need on this team - defense)

Ideally we get Bosh through S&T, which is realistic if Lebron leaves as MIA will most likely lean toward a rebuild and wants picks/prospects. And hopefully we can still retain Daniels. Lineup:

Beverly/Johnson
    Harden/Daniels
    Marion/Covington
    Bosh/Jones
    Howard/Bosh/Vet using bi-annual or vet min.

Jones and Daniels are solid coming off the bench, and hopefully Johnson can put in a good rookie campaign; but, I believe Morey will improve the bench the way he always seems to do. That lineup gives us 3 all-stars, and 4 guys who can AT LEAST play solid defense, masking Harden's struggles on that end. I think that's a legit contender next 3-4 years and is the best outcome now.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

What a troll

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>By jaytrizzle1906 &quot;When one thing leads to another.. It turns into a 1on1.. Damon Jones and Tim… <a href="http://t.co/cTg05d91uo">http://t.co/cTg05d91uo</a></p>&mdash; LeBron James (@KingJames) <a href="https://twitter.com/KingJames/statuses/487085208626532352">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

4. Nook

Nook Member

No it is accurate and this is why I don't think he is a Rocket if Bosh is. Morey and Padsons agent negotiated a lot, Morey could have reached an under the table deal with Parsons for exactly what Dallas offered AND given Bosh the max... But it didn't happen, that tells me that there is a good chance Parsons isn't matched.

5. Htown's Finest

I like this plan

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Henry Thomas, Chris Bosh's agent: &quot;Chris has not made any decisions at this point.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/487086089853599744">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

So where is Parson's friend's twitpic of him signing the contract?

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Former Cav against Former Heat... Wow haha. He got jokes

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Dude can't decide anything?

Dude you gotta just pick what's for dinner tonight.

11. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Sigh... and the indecisive champion of the woorrrrrllldddd...

12. haydenfisher342

"Leh Bran? Wha suld I eat tonight."

"Man, stfu!"

"Kayyyyy, thanks Leh Bran"

13. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Tonite at 11pm, Houston time. He's signed it. The clock starts as soon as Rockets receive it. Now they play a little hide and seek.

14. Nook

Nook Member

What is the over/under for sleep for Morey over the next 72 hours and 8 minutes? I say 3 hours sleep... Where Keith Jones will find Morey snoring, with his face stuck in a Whataburger wrapped and a 12 pack of empty AMP around him.

15. haydenfisher342

pics or gtfo

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Lah Bran do these pants make my butt look fat?

Naw Topher I liek you the way you are

Thx Jamesy, I'm so insecure without you around, promise we will never split up.

LeBruhn - I can't make promise to u, but i would love if you waited for me

King, I'll wait forever 4u

17. dje243

dje243 Member

When are we going to accept that a player, a player's agent, or a player's "camp" will never admit to a decision until it's officially announced? I bet you could ask Bosh's agent as they're on their way to Houston to sign and he would still deny. PR is a very real and important component to these guys.

18. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Morey will match Parsons contract. No way we let him go. He has been our glue guy.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

Exactly. Unless Parsons just wants to escape Houston (which I doubt), Morey has already had every opportunity to agree to this deal. He didn't, which explains the calls to Deng, Ariza, and Pierce.

20. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

You got a link there bro?

1 person likes this.