1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Some of you guys really just need to

[​IMG]

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Re: LeBron/Riley meeting. The Heat not only need to present case 4 talent upgrades, but also how that -- and all talent -- will be utilized.</p>&mdash; Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) <a href="https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/statuses/486854553648640003">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

You underestimate the power of the puppy dog.

4. MFG16

MFG16 Member

If Bosh and Lebron were a packaged deal wouldn't you think Bosh would know Lebron's plans? One of the few things we actually know about this offseason is that Wade/Bosh and the rest of the Heat organization have been left in the dark concerning Lerbon.

5. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Well Bosh is on vacation - I think he is in Sri Lanka right now so that might be a reason for his absence.

On Lebron; if adding Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger are the determining factors in him staying in Miami, then he must be an idiot. Miami really didnt improve with these signings, in my opinion. The Heat really needed to find a solid center option and a consistent point guard and McBob and Granger fill none of the those needs.

McRoberts is a nice player who could be a Diaw-type player on a team but he doesn't help Bosh guard big men like West or Hibbert for example. And I do think Granger could be a good find but he has a big 'IF' in terms of health to worry about. The Heat didn't vastly improve with these signings at all. They more or less stayed the same.

I know people are going to argue that the Heat didn't need to drastically change since they just made the finals. But making it to the finals and winning the finals are two totally different things. I have no doubt that Miami with the Big 3 plus McRoberts, Granger and whoever else they sign for vet mins will make it to the finals again, but there we're a number of teams in the West last season that could have beaten the Heat in the Finals. The Spurs, obviously, Thunder, and Clippers are three teams I have little to no doubt would have won against the Heat. Even the Rockets could have given the Heat fits, if not beat them entirely.

On Bosh: There really isn't a better place for him to play than Houston. I get the advantages of staying in Miami; Miami, playing with the best player in the NBA, practically guaranteed Finals appearances, comfort in staying but Houston's advantages are so much more better, in my opinion. Bosh has played out of position the past 3-4 years because. The Heat were too cheap to get a quality center. If I'm Bosh, the idea of playing next to the best C in basketball in Dwight Howard has to be very appealing. Now Bosh can play his natural position. Bosh has always been regulated to being the 3rd wheel, the 'lap dog' of LeBron and Wade; their partnership was not equal. In Houston, joining Howard and the best SG in the NBA in Harden, Bosh would be more equal with them than he ever was with Wade and LeBron. That's before mentioning that Houston has better role players than the Heat; Parsons instantly turns to the 4th best option in the league with a Top 5 defensive Pg in Beverley. Also Bosh will be joining a Rockets team, who played in a significantly tougher conference, that won just as many games as the Heat team he was on last year. Bosh can be that determining factor that pushes the Rockets over the edge. And of course, Houston is willing to pay him max money where the Heat have been adamant about playing Bosh significantly less.

If I'm Bosh, I would have accepted Houston's offer even before the phone call ended. I get some hesitation but in the end, Houston is the best fit for him.

1 person likes this.
  6. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Good point that people are looking past. Bosh spent most time playing the 5. With us he will play the 4 next to a defensive beast.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

How many times does Bosh have to say "I want to play with Lebron" before people actually believe him.

The dude is hell-bent on sticking with LBJ. He's obviously willing to take a significantly lesser offer to do so.

He doesn't need to collude with Lebron, all he has to do is wait on him.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In a time of reckless speculation this is unequivocal: Heat didn't expect to need 2010-style recruiting meeting with LeBron this summer</p>&mdash; Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/statuses/486864330261278720">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Bosh wants to play with Lebron in MIAMI. If Bosh was following Lebron wherever he goes then why even listen to the Rockets offer? Bosh talked to Lebron over the weekend and on Monday decided to see other options. If Bosh was open to taking a lesser offer then Riley would actually be able to make more moves. All reports indicate Bosh wants no pay cut. Bosh wants money, Lebron, and Miami and it's come straight from his mouth.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

So does anyone know what time this meeting is?

11. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

It's at noon, but I assume that's PST

12. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

I'm sorry, but I didn't read the rest of your post.

Bosh is a massive upgrade on defense over TJones. The thought of having Bosh play Pick and Roll defense, and great defense out towards the perimeter, which will allow Dwight to stay at home and patrol the paint and protect the rim more than he did last year- that is probably what I am most excited about for Bosh. That is a scary good defensive frontcourt, which would be so helpful because of how porous our perimeter defense has been.

Remember when we were excited about how good of defense Asik and Dwight could play on the court at the same time? It would be like that. Only it would work so much better. Dwight and Asik we were trying to force one of those players to play out of position. With Dwight and Bosh, both good defenders on their own, they would perfectly complement each other and allow each one to play their natural positions.

1 person likes this.
  14. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

@basketballtalk: Report: Carmelo Anthony wants LeBron to come to Knicks; Phil Jackson trying to clear cap space to get it done http://t.co/J4OVUFp2vA

15. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Ok so I am on board with Bosh and all but if he doesnt make his mind up by today I say we retract our offer. We shouldnt look stupid by sitting here just waiting for him. He either wants to play with us for the max or wants to stroke Lebron's shaft for another few years.

16. Htown's Finest

Exactly

17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I wonder if other players hate lebron for holding the free agency period hostage

18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

He wants Lebrons shaft..... Our shaft comes second

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Because the offer from whereever Lebron goes might be unrealistically low, and Bosh won't know until that decision comes. From a business standpoint, "not listening" to a MAX OFFER would be stupid, even if you weren't interested.

Who says Riley didn't try and fail? We have no idea what Riley's strategy was in FA.

Of course he doesn't want a paycut. We've also heard reports Bosh is willing to leave Miami to follow Lebron. And none of this has come "straight from his mouth", it's all been second/third hand. None of us know exactly what he wants beyond his first preference obviously being to play with Lebron in Miami for a max deal. At what point he prioritizes those things (money, lebron, and miami) is up for debate. Clearly being in Miami is 3rd, as he basically will not return to the Heat without James. However, anybody thinking Bosh following Lebron (especially to Cleveland) isn't a possibility is pulling the wool over their own eyes. At what dollar point is he willing to eschew a max offer for the privilege of riding bron bron's coattails? Hopefully we never find out.

#2819 DonnyMost, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There is no way Bosh's beard agrees to move to Cleveland and pass up $86 million.

Not happening.